Real carriers

Get over it . Your not in the Navy any more . Some of us currently serving are sick of hearing about how great things were in the days of "real ships and real sailors" . Try it now with half the manpower and twice the commitments . Its not so yo ho ho anymore. :cry:

rocketricky said:
Get over it . Your not in the Navy any more . Some of us currently serving are sick of hearing about how great things were in the days of "real ships and real sailors" . Try it now with half the manpower and twice the commitments . Its not so yo ho ho anymore. :cry:
I wanted to join the submarine service and people say it was better in there days than now but how do they know when there not in it know. hope this was what you was talking about lol

sara21

Lantern Swinger
Quick tip- sort your spelling and grammar out before the 'bad people' lynch you. From what I gather poor English is a cardinal sin on this forum and won't add any weight to your argument
;-p
I would say though, in my young, naïve and maybe unfounded opinion, that I think EVERYTHING was better back in ‘the day’; you only have to look at the demise of British society as a whole to deduce that.

sara21 said:
Quick tip- sort your spelling and grammar out before the 'bad people' lynch you. From what I gather poor English is a cardinal sin on this forum and won't add any weight to your argument
;-p
I would say though, in my young, naïve and maybe unfounded opinion, that I think EVERYTHING was better back in ‘the day’; you only have to look at the demise of British society as a whole to deduce that.
If you was talking to me it's because i was typeing fast

sara21

Lantern Swinger
OK then I forgive you because I am too inexperienced on RR to uphold any serious complaint.

ANGWISH

Lantern Swinger
rocketricky said:

Most of us would if we could, but we can't, so we talk about what we know. If life/ships were better then than they are now, tough. If you don't like it, why stay? 8)

D

Deleted 7

You should know better than to make a thread moaning about moaning, the old and bold have much as a right to be on RR as do the serving and recruiting.

Leave it be x

rocketricky said:
Quite agree mate.... all those watches stuck up in the krowsnest on a swaying mast in a force 8 wiv only a kuppa kold Kye to keep us kompany..... dead kushty.....

Canaldrifter said:
rocketricky said:
Quite agree mate.... all those watches stuck up in the krowsnest on a swaying mast in a force 8 wiv only a kuppa kold Kye to keep us kompany..... dead kushty.....
Kold Kye.....Mmmmm....

ANGWISH

Lantern Swinger
Beejay said:
Canaldrifter said:
rocketricky said:
Kold Kye.....Mmmmm....
wiv or wwivout salt water :?: :)

grefs

Lantern Swinger
Chicogiz said:
sara21 said:
;-p
If you was talking to me it's because i was typeing fast

"Slow or fast it makes no difference." :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mechanicnog "REAL" Carriers!! The Fleet Air Arm 100
MoD_RSS Travel advice: Real Madrid CF vs Manchester City FC MoD News 0
soleil Mail: "Real-Life 'Rocket Man' Wearing A Jet Pack Launches From ... HMS Queen Elizabeth" The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS E-seminar: Real-time PCR for food authenticity including horse DNA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pushing for real implementation of women in the peace and security agenda MoD News 0
Bad CO Real Life Getting In the Way Site Issues 82
MoD_RSS No-deal is a very real prospect. We must ensure we are ready: article by Michael Gove MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages overtake inflation for 16th month in a row – fastest real terms growth since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Experts to drive “real change” in support of teachers’ wellbeing MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The last surviving REAL Great Escape Survivor finally passes away History 0
Ageing_Gracefully Real Big Boats Diamond Lil's 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Lord Ahmad and Carey Mulligan: “International community must work together to ensure that children in conflict zones have a real chance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: DASA Real-World Incident Hackathon MoD News 0
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Real-Life Comic Book Heroes Mark Submarine Service's Birthday At Faslane Dinner" Submariners 0
LateToTheParty Super fast application process... it's now very real Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Real-time interactive query language MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Security Minister: What is real is reasonable MoD News 0
Seaweed A REAL sea story .. The Book Club 1
MoD_RSS News story: Identifying cyber insider threats in real time MoD News 0
Guns Junior Officers and real secondary duties The Fleet 1
MrIndeed How similar is the royal navy entrance test example to the real thing? (Also need Help) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
chrismonc87 Always go to Parties in Torpoint...... this is real i kid you not Diamond Lil's 2
BillyNoMates Get yourself a real take-away. The Quarterdeck 0
soleil Mail: "A Real Maverick! Norwegian F16 Fighter Pilot Poses For A Selfie" The Fleet Air Arm 6
D James B has real mental issues. The Gash Barge 11
Ageing_Gracefully Competition ; The REAL Great Escape Competitions 8
2_deck_dash Real Ale Random Name Generator. Diamond Lil's 17
Ballistic Real Ale Festival Diamond Lil's 4
stan_the_man best best real man movies ever Diamond Lil's 43
R The Real Red Sailor Role Model The Book Club 9
Waspie A REAL SAR cab over Portland. The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil Defence Management: "'The Carrier Debacle Is Clouding Real Maritime Security Issues" The Fleet 2
soleil Navy News: "Men Of 45 Commando See 'Real Cause For Optimism' In Helmand" The Corps 0
S Real Player Bloody Computers 6
soleil Scotsman: "Transport Minister Under Fire - For Real" The Corps 4
golden_rivet THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT TUITION FEES - your thoughts please Current Affairs 197
soleil Mail: "Terror, not war, is our real priority" Current Affairs 18
soleil Telegraph: "Real Test Will Come When The Next Shock Arrives" Current Affairs 15
2_deck_dash Turns out the real World is pretty shite after all. Diamond Lil's 21
H MPs' Not Real Medals (Merged Outrage Bus Trips) Current Affairs 28
sgtpepperband Think of a real person or character... The Internet - Best and Worst 12
Blackrat Tramps. The Real Vermin? Diamond Lil's 17
Clown_Puncher Be prepared: The real threat. Diamond Lil's 48
daffy1 **** Rambo, these guys are the real deal. Diamond Lil's 5
R Real Madrid? Sports and Adventure Training 25
W real newbie (medic) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
trehorn THE REAL FIELD GUN COMPETITION Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
A Starting to sound like a real Navy!! The Gash Barge 4
J Real 1.5mile Run Times The Gash Barge 60
Naval_Gazer Will the real "Prawo Jazdy" please stand up Diamond Lil's 0