Reading material....!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Spooked, Feb 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone ever seen THIS series of books - if so, are they any good? I'd be looking to get the 2008/09 for revision purposes and general perusing!
    Amazon don't have the Navy Handbook in stock and it's out of date. I heard there was a good RN Fleet Review supplement in Warships Intenational but can't find that magazine for love nor money.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Spooked

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

A book stuffed full of pictures of current war canoes, that'll have stacks of pages then.

I'd personally spend my money on back issues of "best of readers wives".

3. It certainly looks a bit more manageable than Jane's 'Fighting Ships' in the manhandling department.
    If you're serving have a chat with your Unit's schoolie or regional equivalent and see if you can get pusser to pay for the magazine.
    Have you tried at your local public library, they'll definately be able to tell you, at the very least, the publisher and then you could arrange for the purchase of back issues or a subscription.
    NZB

4. 'Janes' is for geeks.... ;) I don't have enough space in my room/car to start a library!

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Matchbox still make cars?

6. Check out the 'One for the Ladies' page for incriminating pics of Blobbs at Crimbo. EUGH, who knew you could do that with a turkey baster, Christmas Cracker and Pongoshaggy. :pukel:
    NZB

7. ... you can get back issues of Best of Readers Wives??

SF

8. What happened to Mike Critchley? he used to edit BW&A...

9. Oh yes. :money:

10. Mike Critchley is still the publisher of Maritime Books but Steve Bush has taken over as editor of BW&A and their flagship magazine Warship World.