Read this all Kernow peasants...

NotmeChief. Very true. The whole business of "regional dishes" and advertising standards (and terminally stupid consumers) has become rather silly.

So someone from Cheshire would be excluded from a Lancashire Hot Pot competition? That, in itself, is interesting in that Mancunians and Liverpudlians would be excluded because they've annexed their pieces of Lancashire for their own.

NotmeChief

Banned
tommo said:
Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Wail lol
No good calling the paper names this time tommo and trying to get round it that way.
Factual news irrespective of the paper it came on.

tommo

War Hero
If Devon never claimed the pasty first who's fault is it? The Cornish for saying "snooze you lose!" or the Devon lot being slow lol

Many things were invented by someone else before hand but got paton'd by someone else. Tis life lol

The Cornish moan it's their's the Devon lot are moaning it's their's

They got evidence the other's have evidence lol No evidence saying it wasn't the cornish who took the shopping list over to Devon nor the other way round.

tit for tat lol If it is the case Devon Pasties were first then they had more time to improve it as they taste shite compared to the Cornish Pasty lol

NotmeChief

Banned
tommo said:
I'm Deb'm but personally couldn't give a ..... as long as they taste good then I don't care where they come from.

Rumrat

War Hero
NotmeChief said:
tommo said:
I'm Deb'm but personally couldn't give a ..... as long as they taste good then I don't care where they come from.
Never fret, as soon they will all be the Polish pasty. As soon as they assimilate them. Then the industry will move to Poland and the oggy will become the "Warsaw Wedge" or maybe the Poznan Pie. 8O 8O 8O

Clearly the Cornish have been illegially mislabelling their produce. The so-called Cornish Pasty should properly be called Janner Pie and only made in Jannerland. I also object to the inference that something can only be called Cornish if made in Kernowland. At this rate RN types will have to refer to themselves as Sailors as Matelot will be reserved for the French boaty floaty types, and only Transylvanian vampires will be allowed to call themselves Stokers.

Bram of Spam Land

tommo

War Hero
To be fair when companies like Gregg's sell what they call Cornish Pasty and thus does not resemble anything as such and doesn't even have the right ingredients or looks like one it does make me chuckle lol I wouldn't say Illegally, as no doubt the cornish have the rights legally. Be it a Paton or something lol

But the same could said of which other meals are named after counties and made elsewhere, and not called by the place that is making it lol

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
tommo said:
If Devon never claimed the pasty first who's fault is it? The Cornish for saying "snooze you lose!" or the Devon lot being slow lol

Many things were invented by someone else before hand but got paton'd by someone else. Tis life lol

They got evidence the other's have evidence lol No evidence saying it wasn't the cornish who took the shopping list over to Devon nor the other way round.

tit for tat lol If it is the case Devon Pasties were first then they had more time to improve it as they taste shite compared to the Cornish Pasty lol
Tinheads also invented shagging their Sisters, but they don't brag about that, do they... :shock: :wink:

tommo

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
tommo said:

Tinheads also invented shagging their Sisters, but they don't brag about that, do they... :shock: :wink:
They do in St Just lol

Looks like sheep shagging will onlybe legal if performed in the Welsh hills by Welshpersons upon Welsh speaking sheep, baaaaaring any accidents.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Does that mean only fruits come out of Newbury (yes I know the sweeties are spelt differently)

Rumrat

War Hero
tommo said:
To be fair when companies like Gregg's sell what they call Cornish Pasty and thus does not resemble anything as such and doesn't even have the right ingredients or looks like one it does make me chuckle lol I wouldn't say Illegally, as no doubt the cornish have the rights legally. Be it a Paton or something lol

But the same could said of which other meals are named after counties and made elsewhere, and not called by the place that is making it lol
Fcuk me I am about to agree with Tommo 8O

If it ain't made in Cornwall its shite and even them mass produced things Ginsters are crap, made for export.
What kind of a shag bosun puts Carrots in an oggie?
Its nearly as bad as Oggin in Rum. :cry: :cry:

Th

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OC Stupid Material to read before entering Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Read your child a book this Christmas, says Children’s Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Brits urged to read travel advice ahead of Bank Holiday trips MoD News 0
D Please read Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Earned Your Dolphins? If "Yes" then Read On. Submariners 8
boatresearchservices KIWI Class Boat ,ex crew ? owners of KIWI class vessels? ex owners? please read . The Fleet 0
R Anyone in Milton Keynes training for their PJFT? Read This. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
GrumpyGit Naval Pubs - an interesting read Diamond Lil's 0
SONAR-BENDER I have just read.......... The Book Club 5
blueschill Destiny Raids Info plz read + Friend Request GamerTag List Gaming 1
soleil Times: "MPs Want To Read The Small Print In £440m Army Recruits Deal" Current Affairs 11
S Ex-sailor relives torpedoed ship and POW camp terror Read more: http://www.thisisglo History 1
M Any books I can read/study before MA start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Navy veteran hoping to reunite family with this precious picture Read more: http://w History 0
Blackrat The Gash Barge - Please Read The Gash Barge 0
SONAR-BENDER NOT to be read by SPB! Diamond Lil's 0
G Free - On Line - Read of wasted Resource The Book Club 0
L WHAT DOES TO2 MEAN...please read History 3
G Good Nautical Non Fiction books to read The Book Club 3
BillyNoMates Extra! Extra! Read all abart it! Diamond Lil's 0
SEP86 Relocation Leave - If you are being assigned you may want to read. UPO 15
boredwafu CHF - Crabs stiffing us?? Read and respond..... The Fleet Air Arm 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp .....read before you die The Book Club 10
J The Italian who went to Malta (Read with Italian accent) Blue Jokes 0
B READ PLEASE Eternal Voices Concert over half of tickets sold The Corps 0
sgtpepperband Off to the USA in the next 2 years? Read this! Travel & The Great Outdoors 2
Merlin28 Funniest thing I have read for ages Diamond Lil's 40
J Post if you read Navy News Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 36
R Poetry Worth a Read- very apt. The Quarterdeck 4
Rumrat Good read Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
X.R.D Monty. Read your P.M's you throbber!!! The Gash Barge 5
trelawney126 Browns had his Horrorscope Read Current Affairs 2
Chicogiz Read! The Gash Barge 4
trelawney126 Hello mum this is going to be hard for you to read Current Affairs 19
NotmeChief Why was Jackson not found guilty? - Read this. Current Affairs 17
WhizzbangDai 'Phoenix Squadron' - brilliant read Hobbies & The Great Indoors 3
G What do you read when you're away? The Quarterdeck 40
R Read 'The Peckham Rifles' blog - it's a bit of a laugh Diamond Lil's 2
NotmeChief You should read this Warning. Bloody Computers 3
shellbackmac Read this -'A Memoir of The Pacific War'...... History 9
K Channel Dash, read and be humbled History 0
Chicogiz read this - RAF reg The Corps 18
Squirrel Parental responsibility - don't read if easily angered! Current Affairs 9
BillyNoMates Don't read my Blog......read his. Current Affairs 0
wet_blobby NZB......read your pm's Diamond Lil's 1
T A humbling read about BLESMA - Times 05/01/08 Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 14
chieftiff The RR Art debate poll, please read post 1 before posting. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 30
F LADIES are not to read this - MEN only. The Gash Barge 4
skyvet Another good read Submariners 2
D THE SUBMARINERS FORUM Welcome please read this sticky! Submariners 11