Read this all Kernow peasants...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

2. There is nothing as irksome as a bad loser - still they do have some nice piles of rubble called 'Tin Mines'.

3. NotmeChief. Very true. The whole business of "regional dishes" and advertising standards (and terminally stupid consumers) has become rather silly.

So someone from Cheshire would be excluded from a Lancashire Hot Pot competition? That, in itself, is interesting in that Mancunians and Liverpudlians would be excluded because they've annexed their pieces of Lancashire for their own.

4. Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Wail lol

5. No good calling the paper names this time tommo and trying to get round it that way.
    Factual news irrespective of the paper it came on.

6. If Devon never claimed the pasty first who's fault is it? The Cornish for saying "snooze you lose!" or the Devon lot being slow lol

Many things were invented by someone else before hand but got paton'd by someone else. Tis life lol

The Cornish moan it's their's the Devon lot are moaning it's their's

They got evidence the other's have evidence lol No evidence saying it wasn't the cornish who took the shopping list over to Devon nor the other way round.

tit for tat lol If it is the case Devon Pasties were first then they had more time to improve it as they taste shite compared to the Cornish Pasty lol

7. I'm Deb'm but personally couldn't give a ..... as long as they taste good then I don't care where they come from.

8. Never fret, as soon they will all be the Polish pasty. As soon as they assimilate them. Then the industry will move to Poland and the oggy will become the "Warsaw Wedge" or maybe the Poznan Pie. 8O 8O 8O

9. Clearly the Cornish have been illegially mislabelling their produce. The so-called Cornish Pasty should properly be called Janner Pie and only made in Jannerland. I also object to the inference that something can only be called Cornish if made in Kernowland. At this rate RN types will have to refer to themselves as Sailors as Matelot will be reserved for the French boaty floaty types, and only Transylvanian vampires will be allowed to call themselves Stokers.

Bram of Spam Land

10. To be fair when companies like Gregg's sell what they call Cornish Pasty and thus does not resemble anything as such and doesn't even have the right ingredients or looks like one it does make me chuckle lol I wouldn't say Illegally, as no doubt the cornish have the rights legally. Be it a Paton or something lol

But the same could said of which other meals are named after counties and made elsewhere, and not called by the place that is making it lol

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Tinheads also invented shagging their Sisters, but they don't brag about that, do they... :shock: :wink:

12. They do in St Just lol

13. Looks like sheep shagging will onlybe legal if performed in the Welsh hills by Welshpersons upon Welsh speaking sheep, baaaaaring any accidents.

14. Does that mean only fruits come out of Newbury (yes I know the sweeties are spelt differently)

15. Fcuk me I am about to agree with Tommo 8O

If it ain't made in Cornwall its shite and even them mass produced things Ginsters are crap, made for export.
    What kind of a shag bosun puts Carrots in an oggie?
    Its nearly as bad as Oggin in Rum. :cry: :cry:

Th

16. So Bakewell Tart should only be made in Derbyshire ?

17. Is Joan Bakewell a Derby lass then? 8O :lol:

18. Dont know about that but I still would! :lol:

19. No but Rod's just a Flickin Tart. 8O :D

20. Fcuk I been making scotch eggs, and I don't live there, now I'm in the shit. 8O 8O