Read the ******* sign Numbnuts.

slim

War Hero
hobbit said:
Yes I did study the video and realise the drivers were aware of what they were doing. This sort of response takes place in many areas as people react against the law, rules and authority which was exactly my point, people have to be protected against themselves sometimes. Clearly this is not the general view however and the Gilbert and Sullivan scenario will go on. So be it
If drivers insist on being DHeads then they or their insurance companies must take the consequences. Same as people complaining about speeding fines & parking penalties. If you don't want the fine don't commit the crime. I got a speeding fine 85MPH on a 70MPH dual carriageway. Got the points paid the fine, it was fair enough I know the limit is 70, just did it at the wrong time in the wrong plaace.

chockhead819

War Hero
Right, I have a problem with this video, if you look at the right hand side there is a lot of parked traffic, how did they get there? as they are facing the dircetion of the traffic coming through the bollards.

Old_Hand said:
If you look carefully at the films shown it is obvious that all the drivers of the vehicles involved knew the bollards were there and were just waiting out of sight waiting for a authorised vehicle to go through before attempting to nip through after them. The bollards are there for a reason and if someone tries to beat them and lose, unfortunately they have to take the consequencies.
Adults taking responsibility for their own actions - these days! Eh? What are you suggesting Old_Hand? Dear me, they can't do that, they need to hold lawyer mummy's hand and litigate. If an ex-Policeman cum Padre cannot take responsibility for his own conduct, how can we expect the general public to behave any better?

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
slim said:
If drivers insist on being DHeads then they or their insurance companies must take the consequences.
No - they should face the consequences.... if the insurer pays, then that will mean the premiums of everyone else will be increased in future.

slim said:
Same as people complaining about speeding fines & parking penalties. If you don't want the fine don't commit the crime. I got a speeding fine 85MPH on a 70MPH dual carriageway. Got the points paid the fine, it was fair enough I know the limit is 70, just did it at the wrong time in the wrong plaace.
I think you'll find that while many people complain about speed cameras, if you look deeper at their actual complaint you'll find the it is about inappropriate speed limits coupled with safety cameras which do nothing but generate revenue. Yes, there are always people who will exceed the speed limit for the hell of it, anywhere and everywhere - these should be stopped, however, where a speed limit is clearly inappropriate, or more annoyingly, is reduced for no apparent reason and enforced by a camera then the public have a right to question what is being done. Politicians, councils and the police are all public services and these policies are being implemented in our name - we have a right to question them.

And I thought it was just cos they were thicko Northern Chav Cnts.

Not a problem we have down Souff. Perhaps its the frothy beer wots got to their 'eds.

NUtty