Read the fucking sign Numbnuts.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by andym, Oct 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ha!

Their fcukin disabled badges won`t save erm now, great stuff.

……….

2. Whether we like it or not the average person like me will have a go at anything. How many people have died trying to beat the red light or train approaching a crossing? lots I suggest. With the bollards in question if that's the best traffic authorities can come up with they should be sacked. Allowances must be made for the public and in my opinion a potential death trap has been created. These folks are just ordinary people and should not be placed in danger by such stupid and dangerous ideas. Why create a risk?

3. WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU ON! For goodness sake! Does that mean that we cannot have say

1. Airplanes - because some dangerous person might fly it into a building?
    2. Hot cups of coffee - because some gormless nerk might spill it over themselves?
    3. Trains moving at 125mph - because some sad pathetic person with a deathwish might throw themselves under it?
    4. Knives - you might cut your hand off whilst slicing a tomato
    5. Steps - because you might fall down one and break your leg?
    6. Strimmers - because you might be the perpetrator of the death of thousands of innocent insects?
    7. Cigarettes - because people with a will of their own might smoke, and become addicted and then get some vile and well publised disease of the lungs?
    8. Superglue - because it might accidently go in your eye when you are glueing and stick your eye together?
    9. Chocolate - because you could get addicted and then get fat and your husband could run off with your best mate, leaving you sad and alone?
    10. Elephants - because when they get angry with people in cars they charge them and they are really big and vicious?

I am sure that the forum can come up with many other examples. Life is a HUGE risk but it is my motto that you only have one so live it.

PS Do not laugh, I fell off a step in Barcelona and broke my leg in 3 places.

4. I shagged a French Woman.

5. Did you Hig? And in what way was that dangerous?

1. Did Mrs Hig find out and cut your bits off?
    2. Did you get tangled in her underarm hair and it take two weeks to find your way out?
    3. Or perhaps you now have an unhealthy addiction to Gauloises or garlic?

6. Of course its dangerous, do you trust the French? She had teeth.

7. Wot up her F++++, strange people

Nutty

8. A British denture wearer puts her teeth in a glass of water overnight. Just what this froggy does with her teeth is of no concern to anyone, apart from Higs of course

9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

That's your career as an ambulance chasing lawyer over before its started then! :)

10. I think Hobbit hs spent too much time in Hobbiton in his cosy Hobbit Hole!Just you wait till Farmer Maggot catches you picking his magic Mushrooms!

11. Sorry Andym I agree with the Hobbit . Its a dangerous idea as seen on the CCTV clip---------in other cities they have bus lanes and camera's-if you are in a bus lane you get fined .
    No anti tank traps required .

And one day a bus will have a defective sensor and the bollards will stay up ---then one almighty traffic jam cos the bus can't move. Or the bollards timing device will malfunction and trap a bus ---

More council tax money mis spent

12. There is another aspect to the bollards. From what was put on the thread drivers are cautioned about the bollards by signs.What about people unable to read or foreign tourists unable to read english even one of the many different races now resident in UK unable to read the language. It is a new idea to me and I have yet to see anything as stupid in this country although they are trying. In regard to all the other potential dangers listed in one response, sure it is possible to be hurt by any of those things and this can happen with any personal decision we make but when highly paid " experts" create hazards it is another story.

:lol:

13. Those bollards are a good idea and I seem to remember them being installed in at least one other place sometime ago. The warning signs will be in the usual EU standard, eg the No Entry which is used throughout Europe, so anyone who tries to get through deserves what they get.
    Let's give the stupid sods a `Darwin Award(Failed)' certificate. :evil:

I just love some of the successful Darwin Award winners, they really are trying to improve the human race. :D

14. Look at the rosdsigns. They are of the International standard type. If a foreigner can't understand internationak signs WTF is he doing driving on our roads!

15. Look at the rosdsigns. They are of the International standard type. If a foreigner can't understand internationak signs WTF is he doing driving on our roads

Fair enough but would you agree that anything capable of causing death or injury for the sake of a bus route is a bit over the top. Not all drivers are number one and in fact many are well below a desirable standard. Accidents happen all the time but to place potential accidents for any reason is to me irresponsible to the stage of criminal. Imagine a young child being seriously injured or killed for example. This is how authority becomes blind to reality and " yeah, we'll teach those stupid buggers not to drive on the bus route". As said earlier if the traffic engineers are unable to devise a safe effective solution to the problem they should find another job maybe sweeping the bus routes.

16. Please Hobbit get real - this is a quote from the original article

"The 3ft-high barriers which sink into the street to let Metroshuttle buses through, have been installed because of the area's high road casualty rate"

What about those people who were killed or injured, so they do not count? The barriers are a solution to morons who drive too fast in an area with lots of pedestrians. Short of banning all forms of carbon fueled propelled transport and returning to an age when we all moved about on our feet, this is a good solution. Do you not think the engineers factored into their equations the morons who clearly have not mastered the Highway Code or for their own reasons chose to ignore a big No Entry sign? I do. They could have put spikes on the top of the bollards armed with a deadly poison - it is one way of getting rid of crap, thoughtless drivers don't you think?

17. CCTV cameras have filmed numerous cheeky drivers doing battle with the infamous rise-and-fall road bollards of Manchester - and losing.

The 3ft-high barriers which sink into the street to let Metroshuttle buses through, have been installed because of the area's high road casualty rate.

I am interested in the " infamous rise-and-fall road bollards" comment and wondered what opinion the locals have of the idea (bollards). It also states " high road casualty area" although not able to give specifics as this would be too much to expect in such a report. Anyway, although I am well and truly outnumbered, and the bollards are viewed favourably with the majority, I still believe that the lives and well-being of people should be put before any traffic.However, I accept the high casualty rate in the area calls for action and in a democracy the majority rules so with the majority in favour of the bollards they must be all right,

18. If you look carefully at the films shown it is obvious that all the drivers of the vehicles involved knew the bollards were there and were just waiting out of sight waiting for a authorised vehicle to go through before attempting to nip through after them. The bollards are there for a reason and if someone tries to beat them and lose, unfortunately they have to take the consequencies.

19. Yes I did study the video and realise the drivers were aware of what they were doing. This sort of response takes place in many areas as people react against the law, rules and authority which was exactly my point, people have to be protected against themselves sometimes. Clearly this is not the general view however and the Gilbert and Sullivan scenario will go on. So be it