Reaction times?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by onlinebacon, Dec 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What kinda reaction times do you need to be a fighter pilot? and a helicopter pilot respectively. I remember reading on one of the sites, if you dont have good enough reaction times you become a helicopter pilot, but people with good ones can be a jet piilot, what sort of times do you need to have?

2. Without a doubt the fastest reaction times are always held by Scottish personnel. I saw a Jock drop his wallet once and he went down so fast to pick it up that it hit him on the back of the head :thumright:

3. I remember we ran out of copper locking-wire and couldn't wire-lock the battery terminals on the cabs. Simple solution -we got a Jock to swallow a shit-load of 2 pences and when he crapped them out - bingo, copper locking-wire :biggrin:
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If you can walk past a mirror, notice the defect in your hairstyle and correct it without refering back to the mirror you go fast jet, if you fluff your hair, have another look in the mirror, your on Helicopters.
  5. You won't be streamed as a result of the aptitude tests. That will be done when you actually learn to fly and you can express a preference. There's more to it than speed of reaction.
  6. If that was the case we'd have more female pilots .. have you seen what they do in a mirror while driving a car????
  7. According to Wet Blobby's theory they would all be in helicopters, some crazy bitches on the road! :biggrin:

Or maybe that just the one that hit me, got a date out it tho, result :w00t: