Reached my goal in the gym!

Rolotp

Lantern Swinger
#1
Not that anyone will care but I'm really chuffed with myself as I just hit 14min on my 2.4km!!!!!
This was my goal I've been aiming for, for weeks!
I was a tad ill over last week I really didnt think I was gonna reach my goal before doing my PJFT on the 30th!

Im so so so happy! I was starting to lose confidence in myself but know I have 2 weeks to maintain that time or try and knock a few more secs off!!

YEYEYEYEY :)
 
#2
StixJimboRM said:
14 minutes for 2.4km??????

That has to be a bite,

please tell me that's a bite

I did my BFT yesterday and got in in 9:40, and I'm 40 years old FFS (and thats with a 1.5 mile trooped run in 15 mins immediately before it, along with sit-ups/press-ups test)


Out of interest, how old are you?
Kinell you don't look a day over 50 :wink:
 
#3
If you are under 25 you need to be below 12.20 and thats in any weather conditions not in an air con gym, so a bit more training methinks :lol:
 

Rolotp

Lantern Swinger
#4
22! lol this is good for me on a treadmill! for some reason I have trouble doing the run on the treadmill.
runnning on the road my best score is 12.40.

Before a month ago I hadnt done any exercise since school when I played for the girls football team!

I know its not a good socre compared to others on this site but for me, its an achievement :)
 
#6
Rolotp said:
Not that anyone will care but I'm really chuffed with myself as I just hit 14min on my 2.4km!!!!!
This was my goal I've been aiming for, for weeks!
I was a tad ill over last week I really didnt think I was gonna reach my goal before doing my PJFT on the 30th!

Im so so so happy! I was starting to lose confidence in myself but know I have 2 weeks to maintain that time or try and knock a few more secs off!!

YEYEYEYEY :)
Lazy fat twat, :D
 
#8
drakdi said:
If you are under 25 you need to be below 12.20 and thats in any weather conditions not in an air con gym, so a bit more training methinks :lol:
Right. I'm 36 and havent done any phys for 14 months due to an underlying medical problem but prior to it manifesting itself i ran a 30k race across the black mountains in under 4 hrs which isnt too bad really. My point is ffs even i could run below those times and i really dont see WTF the issue is with this!!
 

JaFAA

Lantern Swinger
#10
I find treadmills harder too, because you have to be able to calculate what speed to stick it at to make srue you get a good time. And also I generally do feel more nackerd on them :S

Last couple of times I tried on a treadmill, I failed to beat 12 minutes. On the road outside my house I got 10:32 and I'm certain I did a bit over 2.4k as well because it's not level and not straight so I measured it pretty liberally on the map.
 
#11
you claim to play football, hockey and cricket.
i would of thought even if these were just local pub teams; playing all those sports would keep your fitness levels above that, i just play rugby and compete in sailing, and i'm 5 years older than you and completed my PJFT on Tuesday in 9:34 which although i was happy with, still felt was average.

grats on meeting your personal target, but school report says 'must try harder'
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#12
Rolotp said:
theres no issue I was just chuffed to reach my goal and theres no-one in my house to tell lol!

:edit:sh!t spelling
Well done for improving fella, but there's still a long way to go, when are you due to join (assuming you're not already in)?
 
#14
tiddlyoggy said:
Thought it was 11:40 for U25's?
Went to Leeds today so popped into the AFCO to see the CPO and ask about my next medicaldeeley.

"So you'll have the medical, we'll book you on an RNAC and then the PJFT-in which you have to run 1.5 miles in 12:20. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be joining the navy, you should be joining a gym."

:)
 

Rolotp

Lantern Swinger
#16
I havent played any sports properly since I left school. I play for a bit of fun with my friends on the weekend.
I know I can knock a bit more off but after a week of doing nothing due to having some virus, I think being 35 seconds under the time stated for my age is pretty good for me! I know Im not as fit as I could be but I prob wont be hitting Raleigh for over a year so I got plenty of time to get my overall fitness upb :)
 
#17
Dr.Zoidberg said:
tiddlyoggy said:
Thought it was 11:40 for U25's?
Went to Leeds today so popped into the AFCO to see the CPO and ask about my next medicaldeeley.

"So you'll have the medical, we'll book you on an RNAC and then the PJFT-in which you have to run 1.5 miles in 12:20. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be joining the navy, you should be joining a gym."

:)
Is that like Cat Deeley??? 8O
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#18
Dr.Zoidberg said:
tiddlyoggy said:
Thought it was 11:40 for U25's?
Went to Leeds today so popped into the AFCO to see the CPO and ask about my next medicaldeeley.

"So you'll have the medical, we'll book you on an RNAC and then the PJFT-in which you have to run 1.5 miles in 12:20. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be joining the navy, you should be joining a gym."

:)
Okay, so is it 12:20 for PJFT and 11:40 for serving U25's? Any clubswingers around or anyone near a gym/onboard who can check the times on sports noticeboard?
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#19
X.R.D said:
witsend said:
Don't listen to these bunch of jerks Rolotp, well done! :wink:
bollocks you tard










Walks away muttering about fat knacker old sweats and their gash dits!!! :wink:
See what we have to put up with Rolotp, you PM me anytime for sound advice and a comforting big brother hug. :wink:
 
#20
X.R.D said:
Is that like Cat Deeley??? 8O
I fcuking wish.


tiddlyoggy said:
Okay, so is it 12:20 for PJFT and 11:40 for serving U25's? Any clubswingers around or anyone near a gym/onboard who can check the times on sports noticeboard?
11:13 according to the wee booklet I have (or at least that's the time U25 males need at Raleigh) :lol:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
finknottle The Corps 0
G Diamond Lil's 33
ukdaytona Current Affairs 11

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top