(Re)Live a life without limits

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chocky, Jul 29, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/reentry

Reentry for engineers - Anyone tempted? Got to admit... I am... Anyone know the deal? I phoned up yesterday and was told it's done a case by case basis so they're phoning me back within 2 weeks with an 'offer' apparently. No idea what the frick that means.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm aware of the recruiting initiative, but not aware of the specific details which may help enhance the offer.

I'd just suggest waiting for the response rather than comparing the deal you get as I'm guessing it will be based on time served, adquals, time outside & service record - in other words it's a bespoke package tailored to the individual.

Best of luck - remember to haggle!

3. With this drastic shortage of engineers how long will it be before I get the chance to serve again.
    I think at 70 I will have a couple of problems with the fitness test but will give it a try:p

4. Rest easy old fella. Pusser are desperate but not that desperate

• Like Like x 1
  5. It would have been fun, with a DO young enough to be my Grandson, or Granddaughter even, can you imagine going to a youngster with personnel problems?

• Like Like x 1