Re Joning - medical question

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Chadwick, Oct 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there's going to be some of you lot on here who want to criticise me for leaving in the first place but I wouldn't of had to if it wasn't for a bitch of a girlfriend threatening to move to Spain with her mum and dad and my son if I didn't leave.
    But now things have been patched up I've realised what a mistake I made leaving and would like to rejoin.

I left left the navy roughly 14 months ago now after serving 18 months as a warfare spec I'm now looking too rejoin as a MESM before I left the navy I was downgraded for 4 months due to a knee injury I had my physio on hmnb devonport and about 2 weeks before I left I was upgraded. I left the navy in August last year and have had no problems since then.

My my question is if I attempt to re join will I be turned away because of this when they retrieve my medical records

p.s - I wasn't discharges. I applied for early release and it was successful and granted

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you were discharged MedCat P2, you would normally be able to re-join as long as there is no deterioration in the condition and you're 12 months clear of successful surgery....as long as the surgery itself is not a bar to entry (ACL reconstruction, for example).

Best bet is to pitch-up at your AFCO will ALL your discharge docs & a couple of paychits, together with a birth certificate, passport, NI Number, NHS number, etc. and fill out a consent form for the release of your former service med-docs & service records, together with a new set of application forms.

Odds are, if permission is granted to process your application, you'll start from scratch, beginning with the recruiting test, to ensure you can become an ET(MESM).

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wasn't medically discharged. And I got upgraded and no longer needed physio 3 or 4 weeks before I left. I was just wondering :). Thanks for the reply

4. Ninja_Stoker

PS: Sounds like you may have been discharged on compassionate grounds as the minimum return of service is 30 months after completing WS training, then submitting 12 months notice to quit. 18 months total service is not "early release" unless you were under age 18.

5. I applied for early release through my DO. Because I hadn't served 4 years Not many people know about it because a lot of people was asking what I had to do and a few followed. I had to write a letter on the reasons I wanted to leave and then my DO on drake sent it off to manning personal on whale island He said they would then looking at the manning situation and see if they could afford for me to leave.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Possibly one thing that those focused on leaving may not consider is the fact that the service may also benefit if they leave early, much the same as some of those made redundant. It's probably prudent not to hedge your bets on being re-employed, just in case it's not a two-way street.