Re-joining within a year of leaving

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by sccam92, Jul 7, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all, was thinking about rejoining the RN and only left september last year........ anyone know anything about the process i.e. will i redo basic etc. Any info appreciated.

2. Ok I'll bite the bullet and ask.

Why did you leave in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  3. they put me on t boat smq after me applying for v boats for 4 years. once i was taken off course i was pmu all subs then left in the arse end of fas we no chance o getting a ship. ......before u sayit i know sympathy is between shit & syphilous in ur dictionary haha

4. Sorry I asked, as a woo I understood very little of that

Maybe a bubblehead will be along soon to enlighten me, "only just found out what a wrecker was/is "

• Like Like x 1
  5. if i need to know how to build a flight deck bbq or tan line guidance i'll give you a shout cheers tho mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. You knows it

You take a chance when you choose your branch

I'm sure the scouse stoker will be along soon.

7. Everyone needs a jack dusty

8. As a native English speaker I had a few snags...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Don't know the answer mate, but good luck. I like someone who can take a joke at their own expense!

• Like Like x 1
  10. cheers for that mate, me old killik used to say you'll never make it in this mans RN unless you're prepared to take the piss out of yourself as well as others :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. As a former SMQ instructor,I can say in my time,2005-2008 at SMQ,we only sent one back to GS that did not make the grade as a submariner,I can't help but think there is more to this than PMU for boats? Over to you OP

12. i left by putting my own chit in,iwasn't binned. they wouldn't let me try v boat smq after tho, ihad to remain gs, should've fought against it like

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  13. As an ex Phase 2 S/M DO, I'm a tad confused about how you were made PMU for boats. You say were put T boat SMQ after asking for V boats and then left in Faslavatory with no chance of getting a ship? If you were T boat SMQ, what were you doing in Faslane? and why was there no chance of getting a surface draft. I'm taking it that you failed the T boat SMQ, but that wouldn't make you PMU.

14. WreckerL were you at SMQ(S)?

15. I was at Raleigh Barney (2003 - 2007) in Mackenzie Squadron, so worked with SMQ(S) and (N). You used to send your bad boys back for us to DUDT (not that I'm bitter about all the paperwork we had to do ;) )

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  16. Dear god,did we have that many?
    Back on thread,will the RN not see him a a training risk?

17. It wasn't that many TBH Barney but back on thread.

It could be seen as a training risk but some of the story doesn't add up IMO.

• Like Like x 1