Re-joining incentive?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by just_gen, Sep 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any rejoining incentive?I.e; Money?I see theres an old post back in august of this year but doesnt seem to have got much response.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hello & welcome to RR!

The £5,000 (pre-tax) Trained Royal Marines rejoining bounty, in which you had to complete a return of service of 4 or 5 years, is, I'm afraid no more.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else is aware of the possible re-introduction of this scheme as I've now had 5 queries regarding this very subject since "Commando" was screened on ITV last Thursday! (No, not all the same guy!)

Perhaps the Royal Marines may like to consider bringing it back as it definitely worked last time.
  3. Sorry just_gen, but wasn't the extra large version of the skull with horns over a sharpened compass 'I luv Ozzy' Sid Vicious forever '666' Satan is my Lord 'I am not a Walt' I have a collection of exotic knives 'Paras or Marines: Which is Better?' Will bad eyesight / asthma keep me out? 'Heavy Metal God' Para badge tattoo over my heart 'South Atlantic veteran fat Scottish bastard' I have my own snake ya know 'Me want to be a soulja' Who earns more a Field Marshal or an Admiral of the Fleet? 'What's better a HK416 or a (insert exotic weapon name here)?' Anybody remember Thin Lizzy? 'I know the colour of the boat house in Hereford' I can't wait to join and fight like in Blackhawk Down 'when will I be able to get my first leave' I have a friend in the sass 'ACF veteran' avatar available?
  4. am i missing something or has the thread wandered.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yup, throw another tinnie on the barbie....