Re-joining after MD

Hey, I joined in early July 2014 and I was a part of the first Hanson Division lot.

I was stonehoused on my 3rd week for damage to shins. I was in stonehouse for near enough 5 months but managed to get put back into divisions. I got to the end of week 9 in a new div and I had to leave for christmas leave... while on leave, I was accused of sexual assault and when I got back to Raleigh, the stress of being accused had basically driven me mad and I went to the docs to speak to them and basically said I felt shit and that i wasn't sure what to do regarding the RN. They said I was depressed and the PMO agreed so they MD'd me after 6 months and 1 day. I was cleared of any assault around a week ago and I went into my AFCO to speak about rejoining and I have a list of items I need before applying again. The issue is, i've been on antidepressants in the last year and i was told it was best to wait for 24 months before re-applying. So, the question is.. If I wait until next January and I tell my doctors I don't want meds anymore from here on and I get my medical history from Raleigh, do you think I'll be okay re-joining? It's all I've wanted to do since I had to leave!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Only a qualified service medical professional can give definitive advice in this area but suffice to say, prolonged periods on prescription medication, whatever the underlying cause, can be a significant issue. At the same time, your own health and wellbeing is of primary importance.

The rules are non-negotiable, Annex L, tables on 4L-9 and 4L-10 indicate where exceptions may be applied: http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/attachments/148214/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tartan_Terrier Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
R Submariners 38
W RMR 45