Re-join

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
daffy1 said:
Also the most important question will i be able to keep the green lid, i have done some research in to this and found that i wont be able to wear it during basic training which is understandable but after basic, also is it important that i have to do a passing out parade as this could be my second one, sounds silly i know but as a re-join i really cant be arsed with the drill all over again.

It's important that you learn to do drill the matelot way. You will have to unlearn all that marching stuff you did as a booty and learn how to bimble in close formation as Jack does. 8)

daffy1

War Hero
Lucky enough i have experience with matlows, i have been lucky enough to do HMS Endurance, best time of my life, then you get back to a unit and you think wtf lol

But thanks for the quick replies , as i said it good to fall back on if it all goes down hill.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
daffy1 said:
Lucky enough i have experience with matlows, i have been lucky enough to do HMS Endurance, best time of my life, then you get back to a unit and you think wtf lol

Jimmy_Green said:
It's important that you learn to do drill the matelot way. You will have to unlearn all that marching stuff you did as a booty and learn how to bimble in close formation as Jack does. 8)

Quite. Our drill may look slovenly, but that's only because we practice & make it look easy.

You will also need to stretch, rather than shrink your beret, so you can make it stick out at the sides - the amount it sticks out is dictated by your rank. Flag Officers certainly lead the way on beret-stretching.

Remember: 0.01% Need Not Apply