Re-entry, hold backs!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by QUATE8203, Jan 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking to see if anyone has any knowledge on this subject so I'll explain first. As a re-entry from the Army and applying to join Navy, I'm already facing hold backs and Im only at the first stage. Basically, when you apply as a re-entrant they have to get documents off the MoD, (I'm not sure which ones exactly as I was in a rush to get them transferred and signed the papers for the release of them immediately, does anyone know exactly what it is theyre getting off the MoD?) and you sign to release them and then it takes a period of time for the AFCO to get hold of them. But, they told me a few weeks and its now approaching 2 months with no word, so I did phone the AFCO and they told me to phone Kentigern House who deal with that thing to try and hurry it along as its slowing down my future career. Anyway, I did phone them and I just went into a big circle of getting put through to different people and didnt get anywhere with it.

So, is there anything anyone who knows about this kind of thing could advise me about? The other thing I was wondering is if there are other things that are going to slow me down after this because of being a re-entrant?

Any help or views appreciated, thanks.

2. I started my application back in July after being out of the Army (ten years) for eight years. I am now at the stage of setting up my fitness test as the last "hurdle" I believe.

It does take some time for documents to get around, crazy as it sounds as I thought it would have been easier being once mob.

The only slowdown I had after this was showing that I could live on entrants pay that has now been solved.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Unfortunately it takes on average 3-4 months longer for rejoiners to get an entry date because of the fact we have to investigate your medical & disciplinary status. You must also be fully security cleared before we can bid for an entry date because many rejoiners have legal or financial issues that must be checked.

Kentigern House currently have around a 3 month back-log of applications for former Army service records- whether this is due to staffing issues, the big rise in applications from rejoiners linked to the credit crunch or both. I'm not too sure.

Good luck.

4. I'm also in the process of joining the navy after leaving the army.

Clearly ive been told some porkies from my afco!

I was told that I would have to wait about a month at the most for everything to come back from the mod, i.e the security check and such, and then everything else would be the same!

Also due to wanting to go AET i would'nt be waiting more than 3 months for a start date.

I take i will be having to wait a while then!?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The process time, once your former service & med docs have been returned by the Army, are just about the same. It's hardly the AFCOs fault that there is a delay over which they have no visual indicators or control. Your SC, according to the Defence Vetting Agency should take around 4 weeks - in practice, 8 weeks is more accurate.

The alternative is to rejoin the Army, but the process time would be similar unfortunately.

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Jeez, that must be saying something. Does the MOD recognise the horse after the stable door has been opened?

7. Do these rules apply to reservists, or just regulars? I have everything there except, "8. Last 3 service reports (RAF & Army)". I don't recall having ever received one of those from the TA.

8. Personally, I have never had a problem "batting a sticky wicket" - red, brown, pink, or yellow, from the side, upside down or otherwise ............

9. Andy, I know we have CRs written about us TA, which we should discuss with whoever is directly above us in the command chain (e.g. your section commander). Is that what they mean?