Re Engagement in the RNR and Depression

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Trifella, Mar 24, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear all,

Its come to that point in my life where I need to re engage for a further 5 years. I have already served 15.

I am aware that the Dr is no loner available for advice, but I didnt know if anyone else was around that could help.

I have my appointment for my 5 yearly medical which im slightly worried about now. About three years ago after being completely messed around by my ex wife, I took some downtime from my civilian employment to gather my thoughts and "Re org". My GP prescribed me some Anti Depressants and I was offered some counselling which I took. Everything is cool, and im totally fine, but Im now worried that when I go to re engage Ill have the word "Depression" on my medical record. This was only a short episode and im completely fine.

Does anyone know if this will bar me from re engagement into the RNR? Does anyone have any advice with what I should do pre to attending my 5 year pulheems next month.

Many Thanks
  2. Suggest you speak to The Reserves Mental Health people.

RMHP Reserves Training and Mobilisation Centre Chetwynd Barracks Chilwell Nottingham NG9 5HA Tel: 0800 0326 258 (Freephone number) Fax:0115 957 4450 Website: