Re-Birth of the Royal Tournament

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Buccaneer, Dec 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. following the re-birth of the Royal Tournament which opened at Earls Court this weekend will we see the return of the inter division Field Gun run to this predicous event
  2. Doubt it. There is not the experience now, sadly. Plus in this day of penny pinching they wouldn't release people to have time off for the training. Such a shame I loved it and ran for Pompey, cracking experience.
  3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Agree, we'll never see it back, the manpower it took was colossal and there isn't the leeway to make that happen any longer not when we're bearing down on numbers and gapping posts all over the place.

I suspect the school mentioned above is the college at the southern end of Eastern Road in Portsmouth.

And have you seen the prices for the new event at Earls Court - ridiculous
  4. Do you honestly think 180 men forming up three commands is "colossal"?! I would like to know howmany people joined the mob down to field gun. There are more colossal wastes of space sat in ivory towers such as fleet and Northwood than there ever was on the track.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. When there's now an RN boxing squad complete with a draft chit (sorry, Assignment Order), there's no reason not to release 180 odd personnel for it.

Agree that I wonder where the manpower would come from, though why not the boxing squad get released for it? Enough of them loaf around at Nelson. ;)
  6. Clip from last year:

7. Well its an Historical Fact "Its Quiker by Air", I was on Ark early 60,s when this was painted on the Guzz Crew Huts. Air Command took all 3 Cups.
  8. I have only one thing to say it was crap and there should be no more
  9. Yeah bet he is skinny (or extremely fat), S&S, shit at sport and was picked on at school. Now wonder you don't like it!
  10. That's two things.
    • Like Like x 1