Re-arranging RPC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Hides_, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Just a quick question. I was sent details of the Ratings Preparation Course last week, and am due to go on 23rd May. However, today I have found out that two of my final year university examinations fall on the same week. (Just my luck!) I was just wondering, that now I will have to re-arrange the RPC, if this will be a long wait, and if it will affect the overall waiting time of my application?

Cheers,

Hides.

(Edited for spelling!)

2. It shouldn't affect your overall waiting time.

As it is quite clear that you can't attend the RPC in that week, Finals not being a movable feast, I would recommend sending an e-mail to your CA today to let him/her know that you can't take up that date. Letting him/her know as soon as possible allows the most time possible for the place to be re-allocated to another candidate and also puts your name back on the list for the next available course.

I would suggest in your e-mail that you tell your CA when your Finals finish, so that he/she knows that there's no point offering you a place during those weeks.

On the assumption that Ipswich is your AFCO, here is the e-mail address:

[email protected]

3. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Re-arranging RPC

Thought this was about 'Request pleasure of your Company'. Ah well :)

4. Me too! I'll put the blazer away then.

5. Thank-you! Will send email ASAP!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...and if you ask nicely, other members will wipe your arse for you as well! :|

7. Rcp
    prc
    pcr
    crp
    cpr