re applying for the rfa ?

Hello everyone hope you are all well , just looking for some advice as always lol
I passed my recruitment test and received a e mail saying I didn'
t get through the sift process to the interview stage , which is very disapointing
But just going to get on with it .
Does anyone know when I can start to reapply to attempt to join us again ?? Many thanks again for your information and advice guys .

They are only recruiting Engineering Officers and seaman officer cadets at the mo, not SEOs as I mistakenly believed. Rang them yesterday.

Just re apply as they take on roughly twice a year for cadets so the AIB happens quite often. If I was in your position and I know that I will definitely be re applying then I would start revising on general information with reference to the ships such as where they are currently operating what they are doing etc. I would constantly be buying the navy news to keep up to scratch with a lot of this information. It will also be worth sitting down and writing out examples of your leadership in previous jobs or just in your general day to day life. You have to be able to give examples of leadership as this is very important at AIB. Give a good answer on why you want to join the rfa and not just the "I want a life at sea" answer. Use your experience from the first sift interview and better yourself for next time. Dont let it put you off. I have done the AIB twice and haven't passed it but this hasnt put me off wanting to join. It just makes me more hungry to want to join the fleet
hi darren thankyou for the reply , just to clarify i never got asked to attend the interview so felt like i fell at the second hurdle ! many thanks for your advice that has been taken on board excuse the pun lol
i will be applying for sure i totally confirm with your comment about it makes you hungrier to join the fleet
i was just posting to see when is best to ? many thanks

hi darren , wow you have been waiting along time for that good luck for the interview ! i have never been told my RT score
but was informed that one section wasnt in the top 66 when i questioned feedback on why i never got chosen .
i then proceeded to say ill take the test again but they said even if i did better my score thats not a guarantee ill get chosen so that left me confused some what ??

Hi I took my recruit test on Tuesday for the position of deck officer cadet and was wondering how long it takes to get the results and how they inform you? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Passed test in novemeber. Since then been told twice that I won't be getting invited for an interview.

Really want to apply again. But don't want to look.desperate.

Any advice on how long to wait to reapply? And is it ok to apply for different roles or does this look bad?

Thanks.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
As I understand it, the RFA only see your application and RT score for that particular role you applied for, unlike the RN who would look at other available options based on your results.

It may be possible that if you scored too low on the mechanical comprehension or maths section for MM, you might still have a pass for the logistics role.

As BB79 says, it is worth a phone call to see if they will tell you where you have gone wrong and if it's worth going for it again.

Thanks for the replies I had a letter today saying I'd passed and will be informed of a date for the soft interview. Very pleased with that! I've been reading loads about the sift but any extra advice for someone who's gone through it would be great! Thanks again

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the replies I had a letter today saying I'd passed and will be informed of a date for the soft interview. Very pleased with that! I've been reading loads about the sift but any extra advice for someone who's gone through it would be great! Thanks again
Soft interview? ;)

If you're going cadet BB79 is best placed to help you probably.