re applying for the rfa ?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by auxilliary for me?, Oct 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone hope you are all well , just looking for some advice as always lol
    I passed my recruitment test and received a e mail saying I didn'
    t get through the sift process to the interview stage , which is very disapointing
    But just going to get on with it .
    Does anyone know when I can start to reapply to attempt to join us again ?? Many thanks again for your information and advice guys .

2. They are only recruiting Engineering Officers and seaman officer cadets at the mo, not SEOs as I mistakenly believed. Rang them yesterday.

3. hi darren thankyou for the reply , just to clarify i never got asked to attend the interview so felt like i fell at the second hurdle ! many thanks for your advice that has been taken on board excuse the pun lol
    i will be applying for sure i totally confirm with your comment about it makes you hungrier to join the fleet
    i was just posting to see when is best to ? many thanks

4. hi darren , wow you have been waiting along time for that good luck for the interview ! i have never been told my RT score
    but was informed that one section wasnt in the top 66 when i questioned feedback on why i never got chosen .
    i then proceeded to say ill take the test again but they said even if i did better my score thats not a guarantee ill get chosen so that left me confused some what ??

5. Hi I took my recruit test on Tuesday for the position of deck officer cadet and was wondering how long it takes to get the results and how they inform you? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Answered elsewhere.

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/rfa/57199-joining-rfa-37.html

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  7. They email you

8. That's great thanks for the reply. Fingers crossed I get an email soon!

9. Passed test in novemeber. Since then been told twice that I won't be getting invited for an interview.

Really want to apply again. But don't want to look.desperate.

Any advice on how long to wait to reapply? And is it ok to apply for different roles or does this look bad?

Thanks.

10. Why don't you give HR a ring and ask them those questions? They may be better placed to answer you.

11. exJenny

As I understand it, the RFA only see your application and RT score for that particular role you applied for, unlike the RN who would look at other available options based on your results.

It may be possible that if you scored too low on the mechanical comprehension or maths section for MM, you might still have a pass for the logistics role.

As BB79 says, it is worth a phone call to see if they will tell you where you have gone wrong and if it's worth going for it again.

12. I have emailed them already. But think that I will give them a call.

13. exJenny

Good luck

14. Can't get an answer just now. Will keep trying.

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If the RFA are anything like the RN, good luck with trying to get a response on a Friday afternoon... :wink:

16. I rang them to chase and they said they were going to send me a letter in the post?? What do you think that means? Thanks.

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's a cryptic clue. I think it means they're going to send a letter in the post. Just sayin', like... :shock:

18. Thanks for the replies I had a letter today saying I'd passed and will be informed of a date for the soft interview. Very pleased with that! I've been reading loads about the sift but any extra advice for someone who's gone through it would be great! Thanks again

19. exJenny

Soft interview? ;)

If you're going cadet BB79 is best placed to help you probably.

20. Cheers ExJenny, I can certainly try. Feel free to pm me Penguinhunter.