Re-applying after pvr

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by fezz, Jan 29, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi chaps,

so my question is, would i be allowed to reapply if i PVR'd 2 and half years ago.

At the time i was going through a messy separation and and pvrd to try and sort things out, my CO at the time new about my problems and understood my position, unfortunately the relationship couldn't be salvaged and needless to say my life is in a much better position now, and feel i need that challenge again.

My only concern would be im 31 and have a 4k loan that i am paying back, but am unsure if you have any debt's it might be a bar to entry.

any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Hi mate, I pvrd around 2 years ago and have debt. Around 6k... I have a join date of 1st March. Still waiting for sc to come through but spoke to the vetting agency and they didn't seem to have any issues with it. As long as you are honest and paying it off. Only difference is I'm only 25 but I'm sure you should be OK at 31
  3. cheers for the reply mate.

what are you joining as and was the wait time long? i dismissed the idea of joining again because i was on the waiting list for almost 3 years back then, but a mate of mine still serving told me that the wait time is drastically reduced to months not years dependant on branch of course.
  4. I'm going in as etme sm... Applied in April. So around 11 months. What you thinking of going in as?
  5. CIS or maybe a supply chain logistics, don't suppose you have any idea the wait times lol?
  6. Not sure on them to be honest. Ninja the best person for that. I know some jobs (etme surface fleet) can be as short as 6 months
  7. 6 months? that is a big drop in people applying
  8. I think a few people have handed in notice so they are short staffed. Not too sure though!
  9. ye mate loads of people have, the bunch i was training with nearly half have left or are going.

can't see it being that bad tho. i don't think some people are cut out for the military tho.
  10. I think anyone in any job finds something to complain about. Just got a do what you want in your life
    • Like Like x 1
  11. exactly mate, well said..