Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RBL

Stirlin

War Hero
Anyone else received a small wooden cross with poppy printed on it from RBL ? , you send them some dosh along with the cross with your message on it and they will display it at one of five locations for you to visit and see the cross in situ. None of the locations are anywhere near me so I will put it in the memorial gardens in York. Not a scooby who I will dedicate it to , dad had a glass eye so could not serve and no one else I can think of , any ideas ?.

Just google your local regiment and see who crossed the bar recently serving in Iraq, Afghanistan or other conflicts.

Or try York newspapers for local lads or lasses or we have lost.

Had a brain fart wave , when I started work at UofY in '78 there were 6 ex mob on staff at the Maintenance depot mechanical services group , 3 stokers , a Po Stoker , a Chief Stoker and a Mech 1 , who all served in WW2. Plus a Merch Navy vet of the Russian convoys and an ex Army bloke who was on the D Day landings . First names only to fit them all on the RBL Cross.
Typing this as Wrecker had finished typing.

Good selection of Poppy pins if you want to upgrade.

I'm off down the pub tonight as it's where my RBL meet, we're assembling and filling the poppy boxes, A couple of them are ex-RFA, I'll tell them about the MN one.

May be wrong but it is the first year I can remember RFA and MN pins , FAA ?......
RAF being the junior service have pins for just about every base and squadron , page after page.
I will stamp my feet and wail for pins for EVERY ship that was ever commisioned. :p

Had a brain fart wave , when I started work at UofY in '78 there were 6 ex mob on staff at the Maintenance depot mechanical services group , 3 stokers , a Po Stoker , a Chief Stoker and a Mech 1 , who all served in WW2. Plus a Merch Navy vet of the Russian convoys and an ex Army bloke who was on the D Day landings . First names only to fit them all on the RBL Cross.
Typing this as Wrecker had finished typing.
pop2.JPG

Me and Mrs LBG landed in Oz yesterday (11th) and on the short hop from Sydney to Melbourne the stewardess called for a minutes silence before we left the stand - but she did spoil it a bit by thanking the true owners of the land- past present and future - for letting us land in Melbourne

May be wrong but it is the first year I can remember RFA and MN pins , FAA ?......
RAF being the junior service have pins for just about every base and squadron , page after page.
I will stamp my feet and wail for pins for EVERY ship that was ever commisioned. :p
Watching the remembrance service/march past this year, surprising how many RAF units/Squadrons/Bases had their own group.

The Joint Force Harrier lot have now reverted to the pre "Joint" days are are now the Harrier Forces Association. There is a Sea Harrier Association, I cant be bothered with either.

Latest Threads