Rauchen Verboten!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SJRM_RN, Jan 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rauchen Verboten!

or, if in the UK 'No Smoking'

our version sounds so weak!

any other 'well known phrases' that sound better in foreignische schpeake?
  2. Take it your in cuddly Germany for the the holiday season?Cheer up, it could be worse. It could be 70 years ago, when everything was Verboten.. :D
  3. "I fuck your bow-legged prostitute grandmother in the mouth".

In Hungarian:

I-kirjain naida sinun jousenkaari - damaski astua raskaasti isoäiti kotona kita.

Rolls off the tongue non?!
  4. Mrs Karlos is fond of calling me "Sin jin bin" when I fuck up. It's Chinese for crazy but the literal translation is 'bad in the head'

She always manages to make me feel like a right cunt when she says that, especialy when the argumentative nerve kicks in and the sarcasm lobe goes into overdrive :evil:
  5. Non.. :D Happy new year to you and you'r Granny.
  6. Bless her -we had to bury her in a 'Y' shaped coffin :D Happy New Year to you and yours aswell.
  7. Cheers C. for the bunk now. on watch 13.00 tomorrow. gettin to old for this :banghead:
  8. Bumder!
  9. I know. Kids loved the 1920s general strike, toff zombies though. all saved as pics, :D :D
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

"sucky fcuky commando?" had a certain ring to it I always found.
  11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It has, but not when it's being said by your OC.
  12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Hell, you know him too? 8O
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I fear so. I think i sat next to him at a Combined Services mess dinner. He kept touching my leg.
  14. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Braggng or complaining ?
  15. asúr l'ashén (Phonetically- Ah soor' leh ah shen')

No Smoking in Hebrew. Well....essentially its 'It is Forbidden to smoke here'

But still sounds cooler than ours.

Kooli Chara

yemeni Arabic for Eat My Shit :)

Or even this one,

Im koos eich haya kol kach gadol k'mo pe eich, at yechola likabel sus.

If your cunt was as big as your mouth, you could take in a horse.

(Once dated an Israeli at Uni. Crazy girl)
  16. There are some phrases which can be expressed in English when translating, if you really want to, but they have something in their original which is enhanced by the flavour of the language and the country from which they come and so, if you can, you keep the expression as it is.

An example is "Dolce Vita".

I must be able to think of better answers for you StixJim but the brain's a bit fuzzy this morning ...

Don't know why! :lol:
  17. 8) The most moving Chinese speech that I heard was from a Hong Kong bar girl during the early hours of the morning. Quote;-" Your fliend still flucky my fliend. you flucky me some more." :D It still brings tears to the eyes when I think back. A noble speech indeed :!: :wink:
  18. Priceless. Hope you didnt tip her too much though :p