Ratko Mladic arrested

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, May 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BELGRADE (Reuters) - Bosnian Serb wartime general Ratko Mladic was arrested in Serbia Thursday after years on the run from international genocide charges, opening the way for the once-pariah state to approach the European mainstream.

This vile bastard was indicted by the UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague in 1995 for crimes including genocide over the Srebrenica massacre in which at least 7,500 men and boys were killed the worst single atrocity in Europe since World War II. No doubt the lawyers will be rubbing their hands together and it's such a shame he did not violently resist arrest.

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The punishment will not fit the crime though, and this scum sucking pig knows it.

3. Agree, a nasty piece of work. Not knowing much about international law in such circumstances, can't he face the death penalty?

4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I don't think International law condones the death penalty mate. Shame really.

5. That's what I thought but then I wondered about the Saddam Hussein execution, forgetting that he was handed over to the Iraqis.

Community Service it is then.

6. Don't they have to give him an ASBO first ?

7. Maybe we could hand Mladic over to the Iraqis?

Or buy a bullet and give him to China?

Or paint him black and send him to America?

8. This evil bastard will drag out the trial as the other one did by conducting his own defence and bringing in witnesses by the score.
    He will not be banged up in a proper slammer until it is concluded.
    They know the game and courts play it out to the end.
    He deserves the noose IMO

9. What with Serbia being in the queue to join the EU I don't think there is any chance of him swinging. Solitary confinement is worse anyway, I would imagine, and a good flogging every birthday. No computer, no books, **** all in fact.

10. Not if the European Human Rights lobby have anything to do with it. Read this news yesterday- expected exaxctly what was reported today, that doctors are saying he's 'Too ill' to stand trial'....'cannot recognise the Hague judiciary'. How convenient.
    This one was living with a rellie as well,amazing how such people turn up living banal existences that apparently nobody knows about. Bin Laden in a military compound, now this turkey's sat on his aunties sofa with rich tea and biscuits.

Agree with Diesel, compound any 'mental health' issues by keeping him in solitary. His picture is that of a Nazi,let him have the same fate as one like Klaus Barbie.

The families of the victims need some kind of justice. Rape , murder, destruction of the fabric of an entire way of life.It has only been 14 years, and it takes more that one generation to build a future after what happened in Bosnia.

Yahoo news, alot of people baying for Blair's blood about it. How can he keep showing his face ? Does he not know how much he's hated ?

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  11. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Mladic health fear delays hearing

And now there is that old apple, "mental health" issues. He may or may not have had a stroke and therefore they are assessing him to see whether he can be extradited for proceedings at The Hague.

In all honesty, I don't think he should be given the luxury of a medical assessment. The 7,500 men and boys whose murders he orchestrated had no chance at "assessment" before they died, why should he be given that privilege?

Get him on trial now before someone can slip him a cyanide pill. Make the bastard pay for what he's done, whether or not he's sick.

12. The animals that carried out these vile murders for him are still walking about free and Mladic's arrest takes them one step closer to being able to come and go to our country at will.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  13. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Care to expand?

14. With pleasure.

Linky

15. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

Why are they baying for Blair's blood in connection with Mladic?

16. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Aye cheers for the septic link!

Would joining the Union not make them more accountable for their crimes?

17. Sadly I think not as they always go after the big fish but those foot 'soldiers' who are just as responsible usually escape the net.