Ration drinkies

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Bond509, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone have any advice on how to get used to only getting 2 cans a night? I was not sure if this should go in health and fitness but then thought better of it.

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This should be in Lil's you mean.

3. if all the ladies look that good when i get there....

4. As I mentioned in the other thread, there is always enough to go round. Let's say you are in a 50 man mess and each man is entitled to two tins per day. That means there are 100 tins to go round. Take off all the men on watch or those trying to snooze before going on watch and you have around 25 people who might fancy a drink, then take off the recovering alcoholics who don't drink at sea and you will probably have closer to 20 blokes per night who actually want to drink, by my calculations this means it is more like 5 beers per man before you even consider the buckshee booze that is stashed away, this is made up of left over tins from previous issues that are hidden away from the Joss man.

As previously stated, there are heavy punishments for drinking more than your daily ration and if you draw attention to yourself and mess by acting the twat, you can end up getting your entire mess on a beer ban, which will make you well popular.

5. Sorry, was playin the bite game. Thanks for the info and the emotional support. Truth be told I will probably be swating most of the time.

6. Throbber.

7. furiously

8. Indubitably.

9. But you still bit though !!

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"2 cans a night"?

Hmm, you clearly know even less about the RN than I first imagined... :shock: