ratings rig

watching the tennis today and noticed a matelot with a strange rig on.
he had a square rig cap and fore and aft rig shirt and trousers. what was wrong with a proper pussers rig.
is this a new look or something
regards
omega

Omega, they did away with white fronts years ago, except when worn with nos ones. Sign of the times. It wasn't broke but they decided to fix it anyway.

Nothing looked more smarter than a clean starched white front 10s 10as or for that matter any rig without the top never sterch mine for full rig only half blues or half whites or as above :) :) :)

lesbryan said:
Nothing looked more smarter than a clean starched white front 10s 10as or for that matter any rig without the top never sterch mine for full rig only half blues or half whites or as above :) :) :)
At 15 when I took my entrance exam I passed for Tiffy as I went to a grammar school and had pretty good results.
However when I saw a Tiffies uniform (I was 15 remember) I went home and told my dad that I had failed so I could wear the square rig.
I loved the lower deck life, but in retrospect wish I had not based my future on a uniform, but it was as Les says second to none in the world.
Now we seem to have less tradition than our colonial cousins. :cry: :cry: