Ratings Preparation Course

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Dannyboy, Jan 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    got my R.P.C. on Monday at H.M.S. Collingwood.

I'm looking forward to it but also VERY nervous. This will be the first time I have been away from home and the first time I've ever been on a train. I have to catch two trains from Plymouth to Fareham. What happens if I miss my connection from Bristol and dont arrive between 2 and 3 at Fareham Station to meet everyone?

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm only sweet 16 :wink:

2. You will be late?

But on a serious note, just dont miss it. Job jobbed.
  3. You should have the number for RPC in your joining instructions.

If you have a mobile 'phone, put the number for RPC in it.

If you think you will be late, call them.
  4. dont be nervous...

as long as you catch your 1st train the afco will have worked out your connection so that you definately wont miss it.
  5. Get worried on what train to get, just asked someone who works at the station. Sit by a window, looking at the station names at each stop, if you dont know what one to get off. I do :)
  6. You might also want to get the details of each leg of your journey from National Rail Enquiries:

National Rail

You can then make a note of all the stations you will be going through, so you can keep track (no pun intended!) of them. That way, you will know when your station is coming up, giving you time to get your stuff together and to get off the train.