ratings prep course

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dobbers, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, Im attending the ratings preparartion course in Scotland in March 9th until 12th March 09. I am travelling on a train from Lincolnshire....and wondering if anyone else out there is on the same course and want to link up on the train for company.....
  2. My mother warned me about people like you ;)
  3. PM Thingy, I think he is going on the same day.
  4. yes, my mum also warns me about peolpe like me too! :lol:
  5. Get yourself into the Buffet Car, any other nervous looking young chaps/lasses? Buy 'em a beer and get chatting, their either on the RN Acquaint or up before the Magistrate. Either way you get some companionship and maybe a phone number.
  6. 4to8, thanks have pm thingy....bit nervous really and wanted to seek out who's going if pos and link up on the way....not very good with trains...making my own way in the big wide world :lol:
  7. thanks, will have to buy them coke, not old enough to buy alcohol.. :oops:
  8. No problem, always glad to help out
  9. Don't talk to strangers then, especially Bootnecks ..you'll never be seen again!
    Good luck, no need to be nervous. Get amongst it, do your best and enjoy it.
  10. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I was like you once, don't worry about the train journey. Are you catching the sleeper?
  12. pretty scary to think about.... eerm no i have to catch the train in the morning.. n takes me a few hours from then
  13. I used to be anxious about trains when I was skin SOME DECADES AGO but at the tender age of 45 I've finally overcome my fear. I'm looking forward to Dobbers smuggling me in in his large trunk and playing sailors for 10 days.

PS: What sized bag should I take? ;)
  14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Been a while since I used one, but it use to be one size fits all. :safe:
  15. Thanks! :) :) :)

I'm still awaiting Dobbers reply so I can learn how to be a REAL SAILOR! I doooooo hope he doesn't leave me behind. I'm soooooo looking forward to sleeping in a dormatory again, ironing kit, sewing on badges and marching everywhere. :p