Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Soggy, Nov 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am currently an AB in the RNR, and in a relationship with another AB. I am going for my Full-TIme AIB early next year. If I get it will this cause problems?
  2. Just to be on the safe side you should drop him/her like a hot brick before the AIB!
  3. Depends what gender your partner is although that is supposed not to matter any more.
  4. Shouldn't be if you're professional about it. That means drawing a line between what happens at home and what happens in the unit.
  5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Mess functions can be tricky though - I'm aware of one cou[ple (she wardroom, he JRs mess) that fell foul of the social side with her not being permitted to invite him to supposedly open wardroom functions and also being refused permission by the pres of the wardroom to attend JR Mess functions. Unsurprisingly both are now ex-RNR!
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Depends on if they're fit. If 'Yes' keep quiet and keep them to yourself. If 'No' drop 'em like hot snot!

7. Can't see that this should be a problem. Almost all people are sensible about this sort of thing. That said there'll always be one numpty who'll do their best to rot things up.
  8. Is there summat you want to tell your uncle trehorn, soggy?

I text you about this today, PM me and give me all the smutty details!!!
  9. You have a PM sgtpepperband
  10. sgtpepperband

No I haven't... :?
  11. Thanks. I knew you guys would help me. This is a lot easier than trying to ask an officer in unit!
  12. I can't see this being a big deal, especially if in the longer term you're going to be in a different (regular) unit.

You'll just have to be careful to act in an appropriate manner, i.e. don't turn up at JRs mess functions in uniform & vice versa, and I can't see anyone having a problem.

13. You bloody should have, I'll try again.
  14. sgtpepperband

Still nothing... if you don't put a 'subject' in a PM it won't send, you know! :wink:
  15. just make sure it's not the CO's daughter..................lol :lol:
  16. F*ck knows matey, it they have subjects.

I was just enquiring about your tagline - HMS CERES???

Whats the connection?
  17. No it isn't the CO's daughter. He'd kill me (literally!)
  18. Soggy, our CO's a reasonable chap, he wouldn't kill you, Although he may castrate you!!! Thats if you have anything left to loose after the shot in the gahoonies last week, OUCH!!!!! It brought tears to my eyes. I've never seen someone shake as much.
  19. sgtpepperband

It'd be a good dit though!

When I went through Part III Training at Dryad in the 80s I recall hearing of the Volunteer Band C/Sgt who was seeing the CO's daughter. I believe the CO not only took exception to the fact that, not only was he was a RMBS SNCO, but also he was Afro-Caribbean. The aforementioned SNCO was mysteriously posted elsewhere... 8O
  20. Things have changed.

When you join full time you may find life a bit different from the lower decks and a few inter-relations have come about after a mess dinner or two.

A JR and officer relationship is still not fully recommended, but is now tolerated unlike the old days, but RN and RNR that should not be allowed. :twisted:

Dont what the navy to know what we get up to!! :wink: