Rating Interview

Discussion in 'RFA' started by matt1984, May 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

I am wondering when I might hear if I have made the cut for an interview for a Rating position? I passed my initial test back in September and they said they wold be in touch about the interviews. Just wondering if anyone knows when they might be looking to do Rating interviews?

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

matt, you need to ring your AFCO they are in the best position to give you the latest update

3. OMM

OMM War Hero

They don't have set times or days across the board for interviews as they are down to the AFCOs to arrange.

Follow the advice in the above post.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The AFCOs only conduct the recruiting test for RFA applicants, all other aspects from submitting the initial application, interviews etc., are arranged via the RFA recruiters.

Just give 'em a ring, as you did when you first applied: 08456 04 05 20[h=2][/h]

5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/rfa/71148-ratings-how-long-until-they-recruit-again.html

It's a locked thread because it's a duplicate (same poster same subject same day) but it links to the other thread.

The RFA do their potential Rating interviews in batches by branch. Once they have enough candidates to, allowing for losses, make up a class, they'll start the interviews if there is a requirement. Requirement is not set by the recruiters.

The RFA are trying a new manning system to make more economical use of who they have. I believe that some branches have more ratings than they need, resulting in some ratings getting more time off than Rip Van Winkle's bunk light. On the other hand, Medical Technicians are a shortage catagory. If you are qualified for that, they'll likely bite your hand off unless you have a back to front swastika on your forehead and can only work pissed.

This may (stress may) be why you haven't heard from them. Call the recruitment office. Their number has been given enough times in these fora. I'm sure you can find it. Edit; is that it that NS has posted?

Good luck and please post what they tell you if it'll inform others in the same position.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  6. press-gang.jpg press-warrant-1809.jpg Life was so much simpler in the old days. Note one of N_S predecessors holding an 'interview':laughing3:

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It hasn't changed that much TBH. OK, we're no longer allowed to club people over the head unfortunately - political correctness gone mad.

• Like Like x 2