Rating acquaint course info

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cricket00, Jul 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

i was wondering if anybody could help me please i am going on my acquaint course later this month. i have been given a list of items to take with me from my local AFCO, but i wanted to know if facilities such as hair dryers are down there, or should i take one. I know stupid question but just thought i would ask. Also if there is anything else i should take with me, that would be useful

2. A hair dryer...you have a worthy desire to join the RN and you're worried about a hair dryer...still, as they say - there is no such thing as a stupid question, except for the one that doesn't get asked - somebody a little more hirsute than I will be along shortly to let you know what facilities there are...I believe I am correct that the intention to provide an on-site nail bar has been shelved for the foreseable future due to cutbacks etc...
  3. To be totally honest, cricket, I wouldn't bother with a hairdryer at all. You'd be better off squeezing as much water as you can out of your hair and then giving it a quick towel dry. At this time of year, hair dries pretty quickly anyway.

There's bound to be something more interesting to do than fiddling around with a hairdryer while you're there, anyway (and it's only for a few days).
  4. Most of the time you have less than 5 minutes to get showered and changed, so if you can find a hairdryer that can dry your hair in seconds i wouldn't bother :p
  5. nothin like bein a little bit prepared. Im not that type of person thank you.

6. thanks for the reply
  7. Cricket

How long is your hair, by the way?