Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rather confusing TMU

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
Perhaps some of you can help me make sense of this. I did the medical assessment, but was told that my hearing was slightly worse than last time and is now on the acceptable boundary. I'll get an independent test done, and appeal if that goes well, so no issues there. But my TMU letter doesn't really make sense. It says I was declared TMU, then: "Your hearing was slightly reduced in your left ear although this was still within acceptable hearing ranges. I have passed this to the navy to ensure this level of hearing is acceptable for your trade."

Reads to me like it's acceptable - so why the TMU? Possibly Capita being cautious to not pass anyone with any risk of getting worse?

But the plot thickens! According to the application portal I withdrew my application today. I'll resolve this with the AFCO tomorrow, but it really makes no sense to me - I definitely haven't clicked "withdraw", and it was the first time I went on the portal today I was greeted with the "your application has been withdrawn" notice. Given it was withdrawn today, I can't possibly have withdrawn it myself.

Obviously I'll talk to the AFCO about and try to get it all fixed - I'm not asking for help with this. Just want to see if anyone can make sense of the TMU and withdrawn application.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Looking to Join RNR but nearest establishment is rather far away Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
MoD_RSS Speech: Building a British military fit for future challenges rather than past conflicts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Building a British Military Fit for Future Challenges Rather then Past Conflicts MoD News 0
BristolBastard David Cameron confirms HMS Prince of Wales will be operated by RN rather than sold or mothballed Current Affairs 29
S Why Officers rather than Ratings? The Fleet Air Arm 43
3yearstilltx With preserved pension now catching up with CPI index linking at 60 rather than 55... Finance & Pensions 17
angry_mac Europe? Id rather be skint. Current Affairs 42
trelawney126 Now thats rather Odd The Gash Barge 0
F Hey, seeking some rather specific info Submariners 15
soleil Pompey News: "The Rather Less Glamorous Side Of The Era Of Steam" History 7
R Security Questionnaire (rather complex problem) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
W We'd rather fcuk than play footie Diamond Lil's 2
thereverend Rather unusual spam Diamond Lil's 3
C20 Rather old for Raleigh?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
WhizzbangDai Would you rather... Diamond Lil's 10
Aldis Would you rather ....... ? The Corps 2
Nails Marines unarmed combat rather unrealistic The Corps 46
slim CRASH VICTIM 'WOULD RATHER DIE THAN BE STOPPED' Diamond Lil's 24
W my rather large in box Site Issues 6
W which would you rather work for? The Gash Barge 15
clanky Scott/Shackleton who would you rather work for ? The Quarterdeck 31
Waspie All to confusing for some! The Gash Barge 4
R TMU for past bout of depression, what are my chances? Joining the Royal Navy 11
G I got TMU Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
B TMU and Private Clinic? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C TMU potentially PMU. Trying for MEO Joining the Royal Navy 17
K TMU wait after sending in supporting documents Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
O Resit recruitment test after TMU? Joining the Royal Navy 3
P TMU - what next after clearance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
P TMU - Occupational Health Referral Joining the Royal Navy 4
W TMU referred to chief medical officer- hair pulling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
LadyLola TMU. Confused! Joining the Royal Navy 6
DontDrown TMU "Old War Story" Usual Boring Queries; but any advice most welcome! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Made a mistake on medical form, declared TMU Joining the Royal Navy 11
A TMU Help please!! Joining the Royal Navy 7
W Failed my medical - TMU Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Justthetip TMU !! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
L Tmu Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
C Tmu protein in urine International 25
squashedbanana Join me on the TMU train... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
P TMU'd for 2 years Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
3 TMU'd now what? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J BMI slightly too low.. TMU? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
A TMU reasons and outcomes The Corps 7
IlikeB33r TMU Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P TMU process of appeals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P TMU issue Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23