Rashes from Gauze Bushes at CTCRM... how to get rid?

A

angrydoc

Guest
Don't go to a walk-in centre - they're run by nurses who won't understand this type of thing. If you need medical attention your place of duty is your nearest Service medical centre (RN, RM, Army or RAF). Going to an Emergency Department with this would not be appropriate either.

Basics guys - [medical query] + [in the forces] = [Service Medical Centre]. Why use a civilian system which will complicate things?
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
kermit_the_frog said:
Last night, however, it really flared up. I haven't been near any Gorse Bushes since Post 1. Now, Lots of redness around rash - not just spots, and spots even in places where they weren't before (IE on feet, where there was no rash due to boots). One foot has also swollen a bit and although it feels like I knocked it on something, I don't remember doing such a thing. Also itches a lot when wearing socks. Is this time to seek medical advice or should i just crack out the savlon again?
Did you wear kit that you'd worn on Woodbury again for the 1st time since the 1st lot of rash cleared up?
If yes, you might have to give that a good dhobi too.


Not that I give a flying fook as you seem to have the common dog of a fence post. :roll:
 

kermit_the_frog

Midshipman
angrydoc said:
Don't go to a walk-in centre - they're run by nurses who won't understand this type of thing. If you need medical attention your place of duty is your nearest Service medical centre (RN, RM, Army or RAF). Going to an Emergency Department with this would not be appropriate either.

Basics guys - [medical query] + [in the forces] = [Service Medical Centre]. Why use a civilian system which will complicate things?

As has been pointed out, I am not regular forces and cannot attend a service medical centre.

If I should go to a walk-in centre, what is the best thing I can tell the nurses (assuming they are shite at dealing with this)? Feel free to PM me, I see people are already whinging at having to read a thread which they had the option of not reading.

I would happen to agree with you on this front, I had a similar looking thing flare up before (but that was following eating some dodgy sea food) and they just thrust about £30 worth of prescriptions in my face with the order "try taking all of that lot, if it doesn't work, come back and we'll do something different". Fantastic. I can see where my tax money is going.
 

kermit_the_frog

Midshipman
NZ_Bootneck said:
Did you wear kit that you'd worn on Woodbury again for the 1st time since the 1st lot of rash cleared up?
If yes, you might have to give that a good dhobi too.

Socks were the same and since taking them off the rash has disappeared again.
 
A

angrydoc

Guest
I'm going to say this again - do not go to a walk-in centre. Go and see your GP. Explain that you got the rash whilst training in the southwest of England, which is a known "hotspot" for PVL Staphylococcus. Ask if the rash looks infected. If it is not infected then you have nothing to worry about. I strongly suspect it isn't, but without seeing it myself I cannot be certain.

You need to see a doctor, not a nurse who's done a course.
 

soleil

War Hero
angrydoc said:
I'm going to say this again - do not go to a walk-in centre. Go and see your GP. Explain that you got the rash whilst training in the southwest of England, which is a known "hotspot" for PVL Staphylococcus. Ask if the rash looks infected. If it is not infected then you have nothing to worry about. I strongly suspect it isn't, but without seeing it myself I cannot be certain.

You need to see a doctor, not a nurse who's done a course.

My apologies for suggesting a walk-in centre. I only suggested this because ktf is RMR, therefore not regular services and he had posted on a Saturday. My rationale was that going into a Walk-in centre on the Sunday meant that he would be seen by some sort of health professional within the next 24 hours, rather than wait until the Monday for the GP's surgery - just in case.

Clearly, now that it is Tuesday, there are better options.

I have now realised that my perception of Walk-in centres is perhaps a little distorted. On the rare occasion when I go to one, I have the choice of two which are actually parts of two of the most famous hospitals in the world and everything I could ever want in terms of medical assistance is available under that roof. I realise that it isn't like that everywhere though, now.

Nothing more to add on this thread.
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
kermit_the_frog said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Did you wear kit that you'd worn on Woodbury again for the 1st time since the 1st lot of rash cleared up?
If yes, you might have to give that a good dhobi too.

Socks were the same and since taking them off the rash has disappeared again.
Hey presto magico! :roll:
Check that all the kit you wore on Woodbury has all gorse thorns and traces of same removed.
Give the kit the hottest wash you can, while following the washing instructions of course and then check again, pay close attention to seams on clothing.
Turn the kit inside out and run your hand all over it, use tweezers to pull the thorns out or the problem will just keep recurring.
PS Follow Angrydocs advice.
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
NZ_Bootneck said:
kermit_the_frog said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Did you wear kit that you'd worn on Woodbury again for the 1st time since the 1st lot of rash cleared up?
If yes, you might have to give that a good dhobi too.

Socks were the same and since taking them off the rash has disappeared again.
Hey presto magico! :roll:
Check that all the kit you wore on Woodbury has all gorse thorns and traces of same removed.
Give the kit the hottest wash you can, while following the washing instructions of course and then check again, pay close attention to seams on clothing.
Turn the kit inside out and run your hand all over it, use tweezers to pull the thorns out or the problem will just keep recurring.
PS Follow Angrydocs advice.

If you can, bin everything that's easy to replace and get new
 

kermit_the_frog

Midshipman
WreckerL said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
kermit_the_frog said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Did you wear kit that you'd worn on Woodbury again for the 1st time since the 1st lot of rash cleared up?
If yes, you might have to give that a good dhobi too.

Socks were the same and since taking them off the rash has disappeared again.
Hey presto magico! :roll:
Check that all the kit you wore on Woodbury has all gorse thorns and traces of same removed.
Give the kit the hottest wash you can, while following the washing instructions of course and then check again, pay close attention to seams on clothing.
Turn the kit inside out and run your hand all over it, use tweezers to pull the thorns out or the problem will just keep recurring.
PS Follow Angrydocs advice.

If you can, bin everything that's easy to replace and get new

Sounds pretty drastic.

I don't want to have to go through a new set of trousers every time I visit Woodbury...
 
Top