Ranks and thelike

snorko

Lantern Swinger
Have just noticed that I have been promoted(?) from Midhsipman to Badgeman??? How did that happen, who/what dictates when it happens?

Have had a look around the forum and the FAQ and have no idea...

Please help
:?:
TVM

dondon

MIA
snorko said:
Have just noticed that I have been promoted(?) from Midhsipman to Badgeman??? How did that happen, who/what dictates when it happens?

Have had a look around the forum and the FAQ and have no idea...

Please help
:?:
TVM
Works on the number of posts you submit , :roll: & congatulations mate on your promotion , :?

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
I know the ranking system on here goes on the number of posts made, but why after 500 posts does it jump from 3 medals to 5 medals?

And why are there members with only a handful of posts that have a chest full of medals? 'Cash for medals' enquiry anyone?

I understand the need to raise a bit of revenue but I think the rank/medal system should be left purely as an indicator of the number of posts a member has contributed, with the first medal going gold after say 5000 posts.

Fangita suggested the ranks back in February in this post, but only named 5 levels. As Midshipman has no medal, this means that there was never a missing rank, it was just an (unconscious?) decision of the COs that the top RR level should equate to the ARRSE symbol for top rank. I understand Bad_CO is looking at the system.

As for symbols, I agree with the donation being marked by a chest full of gongs, as it means that the poster has paid towards the upkeep of the site (currently subsidised by the users and owners of ARRSE). However, maybe that symbol should expire after a few months (3 months?) and revert to the number of posts-based ranking.

the_matelot

War Hero
geoffrey said:
However, maybe that symbol should expire after a few months (3 months?) and revert to the number of posts-based ranking.
I don't think it would work as it would be an absolute nightmare for the bosses to administer. As you're probably aware, on Arrse, the more money you donate, your medal colours/symbol change.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D RFA Ranks RFA 2
MoD_RSS News story: UK ranks 2nd place in the 7th annual US Global IP Index MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: We're urging ex-forces personnel to join our ranks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: We're urging ex-forces personnel to join our ranks MoD News 0
C Ranks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
janner 2018 Upgrade - Rum Ration Medals and Ranks Site Issues 8
HistoryBoy Ranks and Trades and Rock n Roll History 65
MoD_RSS News story: 30% of officers progress from the ranks MoD News 5
TheLegend27 Orange officer ranks Miscellaneous 15
ToonPatriot Which Roles for These Ranks?!? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
R Moving up the ranks on small vessels Bloody Computers 1
D Skipping Ranks? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
W Royal Navy Officer Ranks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
2 Comparing ranks between Royal Navy and Royal Marines Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
2 do higher ranks socialse with the lower ranks? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
soleil BBC: "Prince Charles Awarded Highest Military Ranks By Queen" Current Affairs 25
M Royal Navy ranks History 21
Jimpy RN ranks junior? The Fleet 57
fishface Gaining a commission from the ranks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
R077 Cleggers on force's pay, lower ranks get extra £115 p/week Current Affairs 11
T Junior Ranks should get £6K pay rise to boost morale - Clegg Current Affairs 35
M Seniority, Ranks and the Golden Hello Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 73
pthfcning Hello all, ex-pongo joining your ranks. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
C WWII Fleet ranks. History 6
Fat_Matelot History of Ranks in the Royal Navy History 16
TerryB What does RR Ranks mean? Diamond Lil's 3
brazenhussy The Silent Ranks The Quarterdeck 13
Clouseau Profile Ratings / Ranks /medals- What's that all about? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Sophie Referring to ratings of different ranks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
H Listen in ALL RMR Ranks!!! RMR 8
Bad CO Ranks Site Issues 24