Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gav_17, Oct 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi im going to raleigh in 6 weeks and was wondering if you got injured at raleigh,say a dislocated knee would you be discharged straight away?
  2. No, unless you leave a limb on the assault course
  3. ...in which case you'd be on a charge: Mislaying yourself! :D
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If injured during phase one training at HMS Raleigh, recruits usually join: ( http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/accidents-happen-training-injuries/*/changeNav/3533/noRedirect/1 ) Stonehouse Division whilst they recover from the injury, are rehabilitated, then join another team of trainees to complete training.

Long term injuries that cannot be rehabilitated in the short term occuring in the first 56days may result in medical discharge & re-entry once recovered.

Those that arrive with an injury/condition or are found to have an undisclosed pre-existing injury which presents itself in the first 56 days of training maybe medically discharged.
  5. Ninja, this may sound abit erm...petty. But i have sprained my ankle twice but it has no effect on my running or things like that now. But say i did it again in training would it be considered to be an old injury and i could be discharged?

I was honest with the doc when he asked about injuries but he just brushed it off and i don't think he made a note i had told him.

6. A sprain is not a recurring injury, you're no more likely to get one than anyone else.

You'll be fine.
  7. Thanks captain, just one of those worrying thoughts that poppeed into my head. I just worried as they will show up on my medical history you see, had an x-ray just to check i hadn't broke anything.

But i'm sure i will be ok, cheers.
  8. Mine was, but a lateral ligament re-construction soon fixed it :D
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Our Medical Examiner advises that the nasty one is anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction which can be a bar to entry for some trades depending on the level of reconstruction required.