Raleigh

Could you write a rough guide to week one and two, i start tomorrow so just looking for an insight, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week 1.

Arrive Sunday go to Ganges have a brief with master at arms about your division etc. Then go to your block and try on your kit (make sure you try it all on) dinner bed pretty much Sunday. Pretty much the rest of thatvweek is death by PowerPoint your 2.4km run but it's about 2.8km round the Astro turf (5 laps) your swim test the Friday which is easy if you can swim haha also your first IMF which is fun but horrible just don't touch yourself or wipe sweat or move otherwise you will get blasted haha jabs and more presentations etc. Weekends are mint just relaxing and doing your kit squaring it away for rounds and stuff week 2 is more IMF and rope climbs with swim circuits more presentations and some drill along with your drill exam and deputy and class leaders. A few teaching lessons but all death by PowerPoint haha. You'll be fine just play the game and you'll do well keep your kit squared away and tidy the earlier you do it the easier the following weeks will be. Give 100% in imf and don't move haha. Enjoy it I've had so much fun but I've got Raleigh aids everyone gets them (the flu/cold) so that's abit shit but it gets better each week just keep going. @lewis1664

Week 1.

Arrive Sunday go to Ganges have a brief with master at arms about your division etc. Then go to your block and try on your kit (make sure you try it all on) dinner bed pretty much Sunday. Pretty much the rest of thatvweek is death by PowerPoint your 2.4km run but it's about 2.8km round the Astro turf (5 laps) your swim test the Friday which is easy if you can swim haha also your first IMF which is fun but horrible just don't touch yourself or wipe sweat or move otherwise you will get blasted haha jabs and more presentations etc. Weekends are mint just relaxing and doing your kit squaring it away for rounds and stuff week 2 is more IMF and rope climbs with swim circuits more presentations and some drill along with your drill exam and deputy and class leaders. A few teaching lessons but all death by PowerPoint haha. You'll be fine just play the game and you'll do well keep your kit squared away and tidy the earlier you do it the easier the following weeks will be. Give 100% in imf and don't move haha. Enjoy it I've had so much fun but I've got Raleigh aids everyone gets them (the flu/cold) so that's abit shit but it gets better each week just keep going. @lewis1664
I made the mistake of wiping sweat off my chin in my week 9 RM BFT. Holy **** did I regret it a few moments later... PT’s love that shit

dare I ask what happens if you wipe the sweat??
First time I got burpees, press ups, squats and sprints. Second time I got a very sore face. I don’t have to tell you what happened for you to guess why my face was sore hahahaha. Let’s just say I never done it again

‘Everybody’? You mean everybody that has struggled to get round in time? The same AstroTurf is used for Ships Company RNFT’s and I can assure you it’s 2.4km. Either that or my running pace has improved considerably.

It's longer then 2.4 it's measured out.... its 5 laps round the large Astro turf everybody has said it is longer then 2.4 @Drakey
It is 2.4k and has been measured correctly. IF it was 2.8k, that is 400 metres longer.

I'm on the same side as pompeyexpat....

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Joining the Royal Navy 2
W Joining the Royal Navy 3
D Joining the Royal Navy 5