Raleigh Wepons Training/Test's

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by matt93, Jul 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everybody,I have a question for any one who has recently undergone the Wepons training at raleigh. Im wondering what the tests are and what ranges you have to fire from ect and if you get to use the sight( susat ) to aid 100m ect.Any help would be valued.Matt

2. Your not going in as a Writer are you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. No i am not

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The pen is mightier than the sword/SA80.

5. forgive my spelling, i am on my phone.Like I said any info?

6. Don't know I'm the worlds worst shot.

On my second stint in Afghan I never even signed out any bullets, just walked around with an empty rifle/weapons system

7. Don't worry about it matt93. Every man and his dog are fearful of Jack with a weapon. (Even the Ghurka's)

Reputation stands for everything!!!!!

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My phone can't spell either Matt. ^_~

Things have probably changed since I last did weapons training. I think we just threw bricks at first, then progressed onto clubs, then a a musket, unfortunately. But, unless you have an SA80 at home on which to practice, there's not a lot you can do to prepare in advance.

Doubtless someone will correct me, but I think that at Raleigh you will just do a 25 mtr familiarisation shoot during initial Naval training.

All shoots are with Susat.

After Raleigh you will do the ACMT(BCC) which involves shooting standing, kneeling, prone at 50, 100, 200 & 300 metres to set parameters.

9. haha cheers Waspie.

10. cheers ninja, and look at me blaiming my phone! haha