Raleigh weekends

Discussion in 'RFA' started by matt1984, Jan 2, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So during our 10 weeks training what do we do at weekends? Do we have training or lessons at weekends? Or are our weekends free for us?

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Weekends are ours from about 1200 Friday, I hope!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  3. Cool! So do we get to travel home for the weekend if we so wish? Or do we have to stay on sight?

4. Remedial English lessons take place at weekends.

Don't think you'll be going far.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You won't get home at all unless you are unlucky enough to have Easter, Summer or Christmas leave in the middle of your time. You'll be busy enough with kit at weekends anyway. Sunday you'll have church in the morning. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all compulsory to attend together as a class.

And bed you definitely won't be finishing at 1200 on Fridays! Sorry to spoil your windup exJenny...

6. exJenny

RFA Jim.

7. Oops. Sorry, don't mind me...

8. exJenny

Split personality?

9. Its even in the RFA forum, ruddy 'ell

10. Cheers Guzzler! Site!

11. So you're welcome.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Makes you wonder though, doesn't it.

If the RFA training package mirrors the RN, why is it that the RN requires recruits to remain in HMS Raleigh for 9 consecutive weekends but none for the RFA?

13. Also begs the question .. why does the RFA training package mirror the RNs? Lets face it, is there really any need for it to (apart from those who are upper deck guns crews)? RFA bods get to their ships and, within weeks, hate everything about the RN and all that we stand for, so why waste the valuable time and money to train them at Raleigh? Just an opinion

14. exJenny

How does it mirror it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Probably so when AB bloggs gets shafted for another weekend duty he accepts it on the chin as it was like that in training anyway...

16. exJenny

And has anyone ever seen Jimgallagher and Wannabejack in the same place at the same time?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Open a new account so I have a less obvious name and then visit the site from a computer I last logged in as the old name... Doh!

18. I suspect that "blonde "exJenny" is in fact the chief stoker off the Ark Royal (if it still exists) so dont believe a word she (he) says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. The RFA is trying to change. IMHO sending new recruits to RN bases doing similar courses to the ones the RN do is a good way to try and change the attitudes of the people. It'll take a while but it's a start.

20. exJenny

The SG2 course is most closely matched to a phase 2 course. Whilst it is 10 weeks long, that is the only similarity to INT.