Raleigh Vaccinations and other tests

bowlass

Hi all, am heading off to Raleigh in 2 months and was wondering if they give you any vaccinations right when you enter Raleigh? Will they be taking blood samples too? What about pregnancy tests?

I'm not worried about them, I just want to be as ready as possible. Cheers!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm curious as to how you get ready for these vaccinations and blood tests? There definitely won't be a pregnancy test if you are male (maybe).

Maran?4

Midshipman
In the info pack they send you when you get offered your place it does say that you need a copy of all your vaccination history from your GP. If not, they will assume you haven’t had them all and will issue you them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandra

Midshipman
You go to the medical centre in week one and you have to get quite a lot of vaccinations depending on what you’ve already had over the past 10 years and what documentation you have with you to prove them. I got 4 on the Monday (2 each arm) and some blood taken as well just one tube then if you need more vaccinations they schedule you in for week 7 for them

Huzzar

You go to the medical centre in week one and you have to get quite a lot of vaccinations depending on what you’ve already had over the past 10 years and what documentation you have with you to prove them. I got 4 on the Monday (2 each arm) and some blood taken as well just one tube then if you need more vaccinations they schedule you in for week 7 for them
Hi, I'm very new to this. I got an email from navy admin saying that I need to have the vaccinations *before* I arrive at Raleigh. I just assumed that I turned up at base, as you've said with your documentation, and had the shots there, but my handler is insisting I get them now and soon or else the provisional offer may be withdrawn.

Sandra

Midshipman
If they have asked you to do that then suppose you can only go on what they have told you. In wasn’t advised anything like this from the afco but others were and they had documentation which I didn’t so I got everything done there