Raleigh training

When you did the stretcher run, what was the hardest part, we have it on Monday after leave and i want to try and brace myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hardest part is it all mate it designed to drain you before you’ve even started but bear with it it doesn’t last forever the hardest part for me was the actual exercises with the stretcher running around with it and up and down the hill it’s horrible and awkward to hold which makes it worse but you’ll be fine just show 100% mate

You get to go to China fleet in week 4 which is a spa thing and a ship visit week 7 you get shore leave on the Saturday and week 9 Saturday you get shore leave mate @Thebrownman

You get to go to China fleet in week 4 which is a spa thing and a ship visit week 7 you get shore leave on the Saturday and week 9 Saturday you get shore leave mate @Thebrownman
Brilliant, thanks a lot mate. Two more questions:
1 - at what point into phase 1 do you get your uniform? I'm joining tomorrow at Raleigh and they said you'll need to bring smart casual for the following days.
2 - what do they specify by "smart casual"? Smart jeans, shoes, shirt etc.?
Cheers again

Hi mate I will be your senior hahhaha I’m the deputy of starboard mate so keep a look out and will help you out pall. And you get your uniform issued tomorrow so you have to try it on and then you wear it from that point but you can’t wear the pcs shirt till your names on it which is about 3 says time mate and I wore a shirt and tie with smart trousers there and I took smart casual a shirt and black jeans and for shore leave black jeans and a decent top mate see you tomorrow haha @Thebrownman

Hi mate I will be your senior hahhaha I’m the deputy of starboard mate so keep a look out and will help you out pall. And you get your uniform issued tomorrow so you have to try it on and then you wear it from that point but you can’t wear the pcs shirt till your names on it which is about 3 says time mate and I wore a shirt and tie with smart trousers there and I took smart casual a shirt and black jeans and for shore leave black jeans and a decent top mate see you tomorrow haha @Thebrownman
Oh wonderful hahaha! Thanks again for all your help mate. Just had my no.2 haircut done, definitely lost 10 years now! See you tomorrow though mate, I'm Keith, I'll keep an eye out for ya :)

Hey, unsure as to whether I'm supposed to bring the boots I received at prnc to raleigh or not (they are brown) as they're not on the kit list. Cheers

I’m in week 8 when I get back from summer leave. Anyone have any questions at all about training :)
Hey , I’m joining in November and can you’ve explain how fit you truly have to be because all your told is to train but would be nice to compare my self to something also I’m nearly 17 so is there any other people similar to my age

@Ollie_L you don’t need to be a machine but need to have a good body weight strength and overall running fitness. I was a quite fat before I can here and have lost a lot of weight whilst being here but the imf syllabus which is the fitness you do is a gradual build of your fitness so by pass out you’ll be significantly fitter so just make sure you can bang press ups and sit ups out well and your run time is good and you’ll be fine. Also the messes are all mixed age ranging from 16-30 so there is a good mixture and it’s good to have that as there are different personalities all coming together. Hope that helps mate.

@Mr_Gillette bring some baby wipes for boots and also kiwi foam polish for the under soles it’s amazing for the boots it’s like gold at Raleigh apart from that that’s really it everything else is decent enough and remember your pens as we’ll for kit marking so your white and black pens.