Raleigh Trainees rig run ashore?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by tommo, May 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just bimbling about in GUZZ and there are loads of trainees in No 1's rig bimbling about on a Saturday morning. Anyone know why? Do they have to wear it now when they get granted weekenders? Is there something on this weekend?
  2. I suppose you being really shy and sensitive like you could not/would not ask a trainee in case they knuckled you :D :D :D :twisted:
  3. They smelt :lol: Plus I wasn't near them to ask. They weren't falling out of any pubs so wasn't impressed :lol:
  4. This is a good point.
    On the other hand I find it totally discusting that you are falling out of public houses without me bieng there.
  5. They're week 7s going for a run ashore for the day, if its sunny they wear No.1s if not they wear 3s and foulies.
  6. I presume that the rig dress code has changed yet again. In '83 (I know, I know) we had to go ashore in 1s.
  7. Didn't know they get a day shore now. Learn something new everyday
  8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I googled RN No 1's and this came up:

8O 8O
  9. ... and you reckon I'm gagging for it! :roll:
  10. Always fun to publicly inform them that their boots are shit, and what will happen if they don't get there f*cking hands out of their pockets. :twisted:
  11. I went ashore in October 83 as a Tiff in Rig and got spat at by 12 year olds guess their Dads had a chip on their shoulders big enough for the whole family.
  12. We had to go shore side in rig at Raleigh in 85. Only as far as Torpoint mind you! :D
  13. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Now when I had my first run ashore, from Victoria barracks in 1951..........
    HeHe. Watch that swinging lantern ;))
  14. On my rig run to Guzz one Saturday afternoon, was in Woolies looking for a book to no doubt have to write drivel in for Raleigh "stuff", leant over to look at the books on the bottom shelf and two guzzettes found it funny to push me over.

I thought it was great 'cos I had been touched by girls ... -ooooohhhhhh
  15. End of week 8 shore leave. Sunny=1s, wet=3s.
  16. :oops: only going to trap in civvies ZOID :wink: :wink: :wink:
  17. Trap? Couldn't trap my hand in a door.
  18. My bad!
  19. When did they bring this end of week 8 rig run in? As in roughly what year can anyone remember? I'm just curious
  20. That was me and I wasn't twelve. I was in fact another trainee. We were taught in part 1 to spit at Tiffs. Another fine Naval tradition that has long since dissappeared :cry: :cry: