Raleigh summer leave dates 2017?

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
Hey all,

I start my training on the 23rd July and I've been told there will be Summer leave across my training. Does anybody know the exact dates?

Also, do we get paid during this time? Even though I've only been training for two months?

Thanks in advance!

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
This has been covered in an earlier thread. It is 4/8 to 4/9.

Also, why wouldn't you be paid during this time? It's like taking annual leave in civvy street...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
Are we allowed to come back a couple days early to get everything sorted or just the day before?

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Are we allowed to come back a couple days early to get everything sorted or just the day before?
No, the camp is shut down for leave until Sunday 3 Sep. There's no galley, no sickbay and no duty staff (other than for security) until then, and so no trainees can be accommodated onboard.

Sumo

War Hero
This has been covered in an earlier thread. It is 4/8 to 4/9.

Also, why wouldn't you be paid during this time? It's like taking annual leave in civvy street...

it was posted in the summer leave dates for 2016, I knew that would catch someone out?

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Yeah I have a similar issue. Start basic, then two weeks later go back home for two weeks Easter leave (fully paid). Not entirely sure if this is a good thing or not. Nothing I can do about it like haha

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
Yeah I have a similar issue. Start basic, then two weeks later go back home for two weeks Easter leave (fully paid). Not entirely sure if this is a good thing or not. Nothing I can do about it like haha
Me too, though I think I start a week before you. When on leave, will you keep to the wake up and sleep times at Raleigh so it won't be so much of a shock when you return?

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Me too, though I think I start a week before you. When on leave, will you keep to the wake up and sleep times at Raleigh so it won't be so much of a shock when you return?

I already get up around that time anyway. Current work pattern means I am up at 0515 to leave for work at 0600, or if I am on an 1100 start I get up at 0430 to leave at 0500 for the gym.

Current work,training,family life means I don't usually get to bed until 2200 ish.

So in answer to your question, yes I will be keeping to the "schedule" as such.

I remember when I did basic 16 years ago, we did 6 weeks then had Christmas off. Back for the final 2 weeks. First thing on Monday morning - fitness test!!

Worth remembering that when you return you will be expected to be at the same standard as a minimum and to be able to crack on with your training as if you had not been away on leave. We had quite a few fail fitness tests due to them deciding to take the full two weeks off and do absolutely nothing.

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
I remember when I did basic 16 years ago, we did 6 weeks then had Christmas off. Back for the final 2 weeks. First thing on Monday morning - fitness test!!

Worth remembering that when you return you will be expected to be at the same standard as a minimum and to be able to crack on with your training as if you had not been away on leave. We had quite a few fail fitness tests due to them deciding to take the full two weeks off and do absolutely nothing.
I expected that to be the case. Though after 3 weeks of being put in to a routine, I don't think it'll be too difficult to stick to it.

shinson

Lantern Swinger
I expected that to be the case. Though after 3 weeks of being put in to a routine, I don't think it'll be too difficult to stick to it.

Yeah the first few days you'll probably ping awake as you are used to it, but after that it'll be upto you to get up. I think I go back to MTU week, and you go back to Piers Cellars amongst other fun filled activities.

Flanker_Scrum

Midshipman
Have my fitness on the 11th and in process of getting security clearance. Would anyone be able to give a sort of idea when I could be heading off?