Raleigh start dates/classes?

#1
Just a quick question, is there only one class that starts on a Sunday?

Is everyone who join's on that date put into the same class etc?

Cheers Catton.
 
#3
catton01 said:
Just a quick question, is there only one class that starts on a Sunday?

Is everyone who join's on that date put into the same class etc?

Cheers Catton.
30 in one class, and 1 in the other, as 29 will leave due to tim in there class.
 
#6
mrbullcrap said:
They've got a new class every week.
About 60 people join,then get separated into two classes starboard and port.
Rule 1 when you get drafted Never ever have a Red or Green station card!!!!! Always BLUE :wink:
 
#8
There are an average of 56 people per entry this term. They will be split into 2 classes, Port and Stbd. On average the classes will lose 4-5 recruits over the 9 weeks for a variety of reasons eg PVR, DUDT etc.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#9
It's interesting to hear the intakes have reduced by 25 percent since November last year.

With the increase in applicants & reduction of training places, it's easy to understand why the waiting periods to join have increased.
 
#10
I have looked at the plot for this term and my next class has only 52 in it. But I suppose with less ships and the new carriers being put back again there isnt a need to recruit so many. In fact we now have 3 blank weeks between classes as instructors instead of 2.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#12
There's been a large increase in applicants over the previous 12 months & doubtless less are leaving so there's fewer jobs available.

Let's hope the RN doesn't repeat the mistake of suspending recruiting entirely, which happened in the early 90's & lead to a "black hole" in the rank structure of several trades. This black hole has only recently begun to be recovered ironically, because of the recession & the lack of civilian jobs.

At the moment the RAF have stopped processing 'ground trades' beyond sitting the recruiting test. If the economy begins to recover, watch out for the delayed panic signalled by a rash of TV & cinema advertising once again as the floodgates open & those serving start to leave in larger numbers once more, enticed by 'better-paid' civilian jobs & the "grass is greener" viewpoint.

We seem to be having record numbers of trained re-entrants joining-up at the moment, so obviously there aren't many jobs out there just yet.

To my mind, Raleigh Instructors thoroughly deserve a 3 week pause between classes - enjoy whilst you can!
 
#13
Just on the back of this is there any criteria for how the classes are split?

Is it by trade? or completely random?

Just hoping i dont get stuck with Tim ;)

catton
 
#15
catton01 said:
Just on the back of this is there any criteria for how the classes are split?

Is it by trade? or completely random?

Just hoping i dont get stuck with Tim ;)

catton
Yes there is a criteria. But what difference does it make. You join up with whoever, end up in the same class with whoever, make friends with whoever and just crack on with training.

You and Tim will get on famously.
 
#16
Drakey said:
catton01 said:
Just on the back of this is there any criteria for how the classes are split?

Is it by trade? or completely random?

Just hoping i dont get stuck with Tim ;)

catton
Yes there is a criteria. But what difference does it make. You join up with whoever, end up in the same class with whoever, make friends with whoever and just crack on with training.

You and Tim will get on famously.
Me and Tim will be one of the future great duo's! :D
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top