Raleigh Schedule

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Soothsayer, Mar 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a copy of the old 9 week day by day schedule? The one on the navy.mod site has been removed or is missing. Just wanted to see roughly what we gonna do when.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. 9 weeks? ........ 10 weeks.

4. It is moving to a 10 week programme, but we are still awaiting the actual breakdown of the course, so that we can issue it to everyone.

SM

5. 10 weeks, I did 6, how the hell do you drag out another 4 weeks?

6. Plenty of 'round again'!!

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Arguably those of us who completed 6 weeks phase one training only needed telling once.

Then again possibly, just possibly, the standards today are higher than they were a few decades ago.

8. I can still remember my 6 weeks training at raleigh in 1978, god I'm feeling old

SM

9. If we got told a second time we got a some 'corrective training' to go with it! We learn't quicker!

10. 1978!!!!!! sprog :-D

11. THe new training includes a piece on how to cross a road with a rifle. I wish I were even joking.

12. Week 9 last year was FME - included manic monday, wacky wednesday & passing out parade

13. One would hope it includes instruction on how to avoid NDs every time you lot visit an Army range.

14. Where's the fun in that!!!

15. Good point- and those crates don't buy themselves!