Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Raleigh Re-entry course and beyond...

Hi all!

I've got a midweek 2 day re-entry course next month having been civi side for the last 5/6yrs. I'm re-entering in a different branch (chef) to my previous time served. However, information regarding the re-entry course has been limited, not even so much as a kit list, and information regarding what comes after has been equally scarce. Can anyone shed some light? My guess is I'll pick up a phase 2 Chef class the following Monday? but for all I know I could be sat in hold over.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Cheers!

I have no idea how Raleigh works but it would seem odd if they inducted you only to have you loafing around waiting for a course to start. Much wiser heads may take a different view.

Ah Mr @ChipTechnician, we've been expecting you. I'm hank marvin.

You should get a joining letter off your AFCO, if not, give 'em a call. If you were processed via the super new DRS software, you will probably have a message about it in the candidate portal. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you were probably processed manually.

In brief, you join Raleigh usually Tuesday pm -it's worth giving Raleigh a call to check they've got you booked in as they sometimes think you join the day your induction starts, but for travellers, you need to be there for around. 09:00 on Weds. You join in smart clothing - by smart, I mean for blokes that means jacket, shirt, trousers, shoes and a tie. Arrive in casual clothing and you are casually directed back to the train station. Yep, even Chefs. Remember you are joining as a trainee, despite your prior service because you are joining a different branch.

Upon arrival you'll complete a joining routine and complete the RN Fitness Test and RN Swimming Test - fail, you go home. You'll be kitted out, respirator checks, weapons refresher and annual test. You'll need standard joining kit such as trainers & phys kit, towel, washgear, steam iron. You may need to undergo a basic skills test if you don't have (and bring) GCSE certs in English and maths at grade C or better. You'll probably have a brief med check and updated jabs, a visit to the fang farrier and time to get your kit up to scratch, harry weekenders, then arrive back Sunday night, just in time to join your sparkly new classmates as they enter phase two on the Monday, kicking-off with a cheesy hammy eggy by stand-easy.

On completion of training, you'll be top of the sea roster and orft to sea, toot sweet.

Welcome back, we missed you :)

My guess is you will probably be entitled to a £5k (pre tax) joining bounty... but make sure you have a copy of a letter with your name on it that states you are entitled. It's usually on your approval to process letter - your AFCO should have a copy.

Oh, and if you are a bloke get yourself a number two 'aircut on the weekend before you join or you'll be visiting Vidal Baboons Hair Salon upon arrival at Raleigh and paying for it.

To end on a positive note, remember: you don't need to buy socks anymore. Woo-hoo!

Thanks Ninja_Stoker!

Cleared up a few questions for me there in one hit!

The bounty has so far been alluded to but nothing in writing... was advised that the AFCO wouldn't know and to speak to the writers at Raleigh on attending?... Im guessing the same applies for the SM bounty too?

Thanks again!

Thanks Ninja_Stoker!

Cleared up a few questions for me there in one hit!

The bounty has so far been alluded to but nothing in writing... was advised that the AFCO wouldn't know and to speak to the writers at Raleigh on attending?... Im guessing the same applies for the SM bounty too?

Thanks again!
Good luck and welcome to the White Mafia :)

I’m on the 2 day induction next month also chip got a bit of paperwork from the AFCO regarding the 2 days if you’ve still got nothing.

Switching uniforms, after laughing at you navy punters for 10 years I’m joining you .

Latest Threads