Raleigh PJFT times......

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by theymademedoit, Jun 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope I'm not repeating a previously answered question, if I am I apologise in advance......

When I was due to take my PJFT I was advised that whatever time I completed it in I would have to shave around a minute off that at Raleigh. I must confess I took my time and completed the treadmill run in 11 minutes and 20 seconds. However.... When I attended the RNAC my competitive streak got the better of me and I put in a time of 9 minutes and 28 seconds. I am now nervous about having to cut that down by another minute.

I can consistently put in a time of around 9 minutes 20, but 8 minutes 28???
    You've got to be shitting me......

Any comments appreciated.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Erm, well done speedy!

Assuming you're a "blerk" & under 25, 11 mins 13 secs should suffice at Raleigh.

HOWEVER, he says in capital letters, the staff will want to see an improvement from when you first do your 2.4Km run at Raleigh to the time on your end of training run.

It'd would be a bit boring if you ran the first one at 9 mins 28, then had a kip for 9 weeks, followed by a final time of 9 mins 27.

Similarly, if you do not appear to be exerting yourself & giving your all because you may be initially fitter than the average recruit then we may as well as you to just pitch-up for the passing-in/out (shake-it-all-about) parade & scrub around the rest of it.

3. And to put this in perspective I am 35 a fat ferker and can still do my mile and a half in 10 , 45 so anything slower than that and you should be asking yourself some questions. Godd luck though....

Phil