Raleigh - Phase 2?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by micky21, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a search round and google'd up but haven't been able to find any information about after HMS Raleigh.
    My entry date is 13th September and after the nine weeks, it should be around the 8th November.

I know its like another seven weeks before Christmas; so I assume you would start Phase 2 straight away apposed to waiting. I know I aint got no choice in the matter, but I don't fancy sitting around until after Christmas so there is a "straight run" through Phase 2.

Any ideas...
  2. Sometimes there is short 'holdover' period between phase 1 and 2. You will more than likely start phase 2 on the Monday after completion of phase 1. You will break up for Christmas leave on the 18th December and return on the 4th January.
  3. what do you do on the holdover period? would it be just like leave? or courses etc before you start phase 2 fully?
    at least get a month in before christmas in phase 2
  4. you'll most likely be 'employed' at hawke division at Raleigh, they do all sorts of fun stuff which I'm sure you'll love. Honest.
  5. I have learnt to take what I read on here with a pinch of salt, so I will take 'your word' its fun
  6. You've got to get throught Phase 1 first. So concentrate on that part before you start concerning yourself too much about the rest.
  7. I'm joining raleigh on 13th september 2. Really looking 4ward 2 it
  8. Is there such a thing as NAMET anymore? If so have you passed it or have they told you there are remedial classes every evening?
  9. :lol:
    It's now known as LANTERN.
  10. I'm there on the 13th see you both soon.
  11. I was well clever when I did my NAMET, they used to call me midnight cos my score was 23:59.