Raleigh passing out parade

Ueshiba

Lantern Swinger
NZ_Bootneck said:
I always preferred 'Fainting', well it works for the Guards so it's got to be good
:dwarf: :thumright:
NZB

That'd should be falling out without permission. Leftrightleftrightleftright.. off caps etc..

Naval_Gazer said:
sussex2 said:
Well my present avatar (one day only roll up folks) is my passing out/in/all around about parade.
The hottest day for years and yes, quite a few passed out!

Which smart-looking ant are you? (Or is this not shown actual size?)

I'm the one closest to the camera at the front.
Despite my best efforts I have not been able to get the thing full size on here.
The photo scans ok from then on I'm banjaxed.

CLAIRE32

My brother was scheduled to pass-out this Friday, but has now been put back by 2 weeks. He has had a few failed kit inspections. We're all gutted, as we were looking forward to going to HMS Raleigh and seeing him. Is this common? Is the same likely to happen again? I haven't spoken to him, but he phoned my other brother, and was upset. He's convinced he's been stitched up with a few things. I don't know whether this is true or not.

brigham600

War Hero
Claire,

Yes, it is very possible and sometimes normal for someone to be backclassed for such things. Although they may seem trivial to him and no doubt you and your family, it is the Navy's way of saying he is not quite ready yet.

I expect it has but a bit of a downer on your family and I can imagine they were getting excited about seeing him pass out. Its not the end of the world and I am sure he will get his kit sorted out.

I doubt very much that he has been 'stitched up' at all. :roll:

CLAIRE32

Thanks for your response Brigham. I don't think any of us think it's trivial, I can see why these tasks & skills are set - mainly to mould his attitude I should imagine. I think he knows that too. I have since spoken to him, and has taken it on the chin, and is more upbeat. He said the girls are nicer too in his new division! (hopefully he'll be concentrating on his kit more than the totty).

Can someone explain to me how you can be backclassed for failing a Kit Muster?

In my view the fault lies with the Instructer.

Backclassed for a fortnight? does he lay his kit out three or four times a day?

There does not appear to be any logic in it, or is it, as i suspect, something more than just a Kit muster?

Us old farts on here would like to know.

slim

War Hero
CLAIRE32 said:
Thanks for your response Brigham. I don't think any of us think it's trivial, I can see why these tasks & skills are set - mainly to mould his attitude I should imagine. I think he knows that too. I have since spoken to him, and has taken it on the chin, and is more upbeat. He said the girls are nicer too in his new division! (hopefully he'll be concentrating on his kit more than the totty).

I suppose we old farts were lucky not to have the distractions of females on our courses, and the bromide in the tea helped of course

CLAIRE32

slim said:
CLAIRE32 said:

I suppose we old farts were lucky not to have the distractions of females on our courses, and the bromide in the tea helped of course

He's been pulled on kit inspections more than once. A wet sock was found under his bed (which he claims wasn't his). Also, they found a pair of underpants that weren't clean. There were also bits of card found in his #1 uniform, which he said he hasn't even worn yet. Sorry if I'm not RN knowledgable, but I'm a civvy, and only going on what he tells us. Thanks for your responses guys :p

Latest Threads