Raleigh passing out parade

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Yorky, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically my dad is adamant that the passing out parade at Raleigh (for basic training) is a Thursday.

I thought it wo a Saturday, someone please shut him up! (and hopefully prove me right!) :help:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc., if you fail... :twisted:
  4. so its not on a set day at all?

this is my last bone question o_O
  5. 'Round again class leader!!'
  6. You will have 8 weeks to find out and inform your nearest and dearest of the date of your Pass Out Parade, do you think this will be long enough?
    Why are you arguing with your Father just belt him one that'll shut him up.

7. Cos hes the Chief GI!
  8. Ambush is the best policy then...use your new ASDA steam Iron for best results.
  9. Twas always in my day. Thursday? What use would that be? Might have changed though.
  10. Heard that a Few times before Actually think we set the record once o_O

Bt to Clarify its a Sunday!....Did i say Sunday I meant Friday sorry!
  11. Yorky

It all depends on what day of the week the visiting Admiral is sober and fit and whether his Steward has polished all that gold braid to the required standard. If not it's Fridays.... or er... any day but Thursdays. Then again it might be Thursday. Suggest you make a bet with Dad that it won't be on a Thursday. 10/- either way ought to do it. :) :lol:
  12. Oh, er do you remember Shillings? ....if not ask Dad.... or Grandad... or Great Grandad........
  13. Friday in my days .
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It was, is and remains Fridays... my previous reference to other days of the week referred to the fact that some people will fail Basic Training, so you could 'pass out of Raleigh' on ANY day! :roll: :lol:
  15. Is it not called "Passing In" now?
  16. That'll do me tar!

Steam iron to the temple worked a treat by the way NZB!
  17. NEVER WAS and Never will be "passing out" ok repeat after me you PASS OUT OF TRAINING.

Simple really.

Have a nice day
  18. actually it now IS a passing in parade--------

get with the times grandpa
  19. aye its passing in...and its DEFINATELY on a friday....bin on divisions for the past 3weeks...bloody freeeeeezing! so yea...fridays and passing in now.
  20. I always preferred 'Fainting', well it works for the Guards so it's got to be good
    :dwarf: :thumright: