Raleigh Medical

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by scottl83, Mar 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone tell me what tests they do at raleigh?

Is it the same as the pre-entry medical or do they include blood works etc For no other reason than I'm curious and impatient at my 3 month wait.
  2. 3 month wait

is that for the pre joining medical or for raleigh
  3. Raleigh, I join on the 30th may.
  4. spawny bugger....3 months, wish i could be in that quick....best man to ask is angrydoc
  5. It was sheer fluke, Interview jan 20th got called a few days later with my joining date.

Writer sm tho, which will be why.
  6. ahhh i see.....fancied sleeping on a torpedo in a tin can that smells of farts ( so i,m told)

enjoy, hopefully i wont be far behind yer :lol:
  7. I think it's pretty much the same as the pre-joining medical, i think I've seen a similar question asked on here somewhere. But from experience i wouldn't know, i haven't been there yet :( .
  8. You'll have blood tests once in Raleigh. Not sure which week but they will send you up for them.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The medical at HMS Raleigh is basically a check with the will the AFCO medical examination & will include blood grouping & vaccinations/innoculations as necessary.

During Phase One training there is a 100% drugs test also.
  10. You're also offered chlamydia testing to make sure you haven't got the remnants of some gronk you met up with before heading down to wonderful Cornwall.
  11. So the inoculation info off my Dr is a must get. That way they won't be sticking stuff in as they're siphoning blood out. Short of the need for boosters at least.

Thank you, Stupid thing to be curious about. Yet I couldn't help myself.