Raleigh Kit and PVR

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by HighFlyer, Jun 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due to go to Raleigh on July 12th (3 weeks 6 days :eek: ), and I've gone over the kit list on the website.

It all looks pretty standard, so I was wondering if those people who have been through Raleigh, is there anything that isn't on the list that I'm gonna want to get that will help me through.

Also, I was reading that Raleigh closes on August 7th till September 7th. In my head that means I'll spend 25 days at Raleigh, 3 days before Pre-Voluntary Release. Does this mean they will just bring it forward?

Thanks alot

2. If you are aged over 18 on joining, you have up to SIX months to exercise your right to PVR. Why are thinking of leaving before you've even joined? :roll:

3. I think he means the 28 days that must be served before being permitted to take Premature Voluntary Release (unless it's changed).

Agree though, peculiar thing to be concerned about before joining.

4. lol, I'm not, I was just thinking how the summer break is going to split up my time at raleigh and how people are going to take PVR 3 days after a 4 week break lol I dont intend to take it at all, I want to make it career lol Any word on the kit question yet?

5. No it won't be brought forward. Thinking about leaving before you even join. Now that's committment !!!!!

6. Hi i am also going on 12th July.

There is another topic on here with all the extra bits of kit that would be useful to take

7. There is plenty of stuff about kit list, just bring the stuff, thats on the sheet

8. I WASN't THINKING OF LEAVING, I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW THINGS WILL WORK OUT SEEING AS BASIC TRAINING WILL BE SPLIT IN HALF

9. honestly m8, just wait and find out yourself, and take everydays as they come

10. thtank you, a simple answer, so it shouldnt be anything to worry about?

11. When an old salt like scarface says it'll be OK you can be sure it will.

12. I think you've got your 'caps lock' on. :D

There's a few threads about kit. Mostly though, the kit list is what you need - that's why you get a list...plus you are only allowed to have specific items in your locker.

13. Aye he's sailed the seven seas fought many battles lol