Raleigh in take dates 2016

Discussion in 'Joining the Royal Navy' started by Joe henderson, Jul 5, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I'm an ex RO and my son has just passed his medical just waiting for a call with a date for his fitness test which he will fly through, I am looking at booking a holiday in September but don't want to be away if he gets an in take date for Raleigh. He is joining as a an MEM(L) and they have told him at the careers he will be in this year. Does anyone know what the in take dates are
  2. I don't know the dates but they're called ET(ME) these days ;)
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sometimes the classes are mixed, sometimes it'll be a single intake of one branch. There are about 40 intakes a year at Raleigh.

Once he's passed the medical he has two weeks to get the PJFT cracked. If he hasn't had a PJFT letter/email, tell him to speak to his careers adviser. Once the PJFT is passed and SC is underway an entry date will be bid for and allocated fairly sharpish for ET(ME)'s although we are making headway on the chronic shortfall so waiting times are increasing a bit.

Good luck to him - ET(ME) phase two training, incidentally, is twice as long as MEM training used to was ;)
  4. Thanks for your help shippers. He's expecting a letter tomorrow. He rang his careers officer on Friday and he is still hopeful of an entry date before xmas